Complaint Review: EMPIRE CARPET - EMPIRE TODAY

Phoenix AZ Glendale, Arizona United States of America
  • Phone: 866-588-2350
  • Web:
  • Category:

EMPIRE CARPET - EMPIRE TODAY Empire Today Throws down poor product and does not stand behind their warranty Glendale, Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Company Response

The short story:  three years ago we had laminate installed in our kitchen by Empire Today.  It was expensive--way more than I thought it should be, but I had a deadline and wanted to get my kitchen remodel completed.  The bubbling/peeling was noticeable right away in a couple of spots, but I thought it was just regular aging.  Now, only 3 years later, it looks horrible.  I called the company because the product has a 20 year warranty, and I thought the installation should also have some sort of warranty as well, especially for the price they charged.  I was informed by the representative that there would be 'a $50 ASSessment fee, and that they would then tell me how much the repair would cost'.  She went on to tell me that in the state of Arizona the work would be warranteed for only 2 years.  So they really pulled one over on me.  Boy do I feel stupid.  Nobody wants to feel like this.  So if you haven't had the work done yet, don't let Empire Today do it.  If they've already done work be sure that they fix it in the first 24 months, when supposedly they would stand behind the warranty.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2010 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMPIRE-CARPET-EMPIRE-TODAY/Glendale-Arizona-85306/EMPIRE-CARPET-EMPIRE-TODAY-Empire-Today-Throws-down-poor-product-and-does-not-stand-behi-556944. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMPIRE CARPET - EMPIRE TODAY

Company Response

AUTHOR: Empire - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for bringing your laminate experience to our attention.  We apologize for any inconvenience, and our team would like to work with you to explore a resolution.  Please contact us at webcustomerservice@empiretoday.com so that we may be able to assist.  You can also visit our online customer center at http://www.empiretoday.com/Customer-Service.

Sincerely,