Complaint Review: EMPIRE CARPET - EMPIRE TODAY

• Reported By: Anonymous — Illinois United States of America
EMPIRE CARPET - EMPIRE TODAY

EMPIRE CARPET - EMPIRE TODAY RUDE REPRESENTATIVE IN MY HOME!!!!!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: CORRECTION

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Luna Carpet has HORRIBLE customer service as well. Plus they steal your money

*UPDATE Employee: Business Response

We had a representative come out to our home this past Saturday to give us an estimate on carpet for our master bedroom and closet.  He seemed very nice at first other than complaining about the parking at our condo complex (I should have suspected what was coming!) and showed us several samples of "Good", "Better", and "Best".  We weren't looking to spend a whole lot for just the one room with it not being a very high traffic area either so we just picked something out from the "good" pile.  He gave us a quote for everything, carpet, padding, installation, labor, haul-away, and taxes.  It was quite an attractive offer as it fell right where we were looking to spend.  As with anyone making a major purchase, we were looking around at all possible companies getting estimates so we knew we were getting the best possible price.  We had Luna coming out later in the afternoon, wanted to see what their estimate was and then we would make our decision.  When we asked the representative from Empire to give us his card and that we would be in touch because we wanted to think about it, he quickly flipped his nice switch off and rudely said "what's there to think about?".  When we told him we would like to discuss this privately, and if we so choose to go with Empire, we would be happy to take his card so we can contact him for the deposit and to set up an installation date.  He started complaining that he would have to drive all the way out to our house again just to get the deposit and how much of a hassle that would be and completely badgered us as to why we weren't signing the deal with him right then and there.  We were trying to be as polite as we could, thanking him for his time and that we would definitely be in touch as we were very willing to pay his price, we just had one more estimate we wanted to get.  He abruptly packed up his things, stormed out my front door, and slammed the door shut behind him.  I cannot believe the audacity someone had to come in to MY home and behave so rudely to me.  As I've mentioned several time already, we were very willing to pay his price.  Luna came out that afternoon and ended up upgrading our carpet and padding and met Empire's price within $5.  I can't wait to have my LUNA carpet installed.  Thanks for nothing Empire!  Stay away from them and their HORRIBLE customer service!!!!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2010 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMPIRE-CARPET-EMPIRE-TODAY/internet/EMPIRE-CARPET-EMPIRE-TODAY-RUDE-REPRESENTATIVE-IN-MY-HOME-Internet-566218. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMPIRE CARPET - EMPIRE TODAY

CORRECTION

AUTHOR: TL - (United States of America)

I am new to this site and I am still getting the hang of things. I made a mistake with my previous post. I forgot to choose the relationship which defaults to owner. I am not the owner of Empire Carpet. I am just a consumer. I just want to clarify that. Sorry.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Luna Carpet has HORRIBLE customer service as well. Plus they steal your money

AUTHOR: TL - (United States of America)

I think all these companies are the same when you tell them "NO". I had a Luna salesman name Scott come out and he also told me that if I did not put a deposit that day, I would need to set up another appointment and he would have to come back out to have me sign off on the order. I asked him if I put a deposit down, can I get my deposit back if I were to cancel. He said "yes". I put down a deposit because I did not want to take time off from work just to sign off on the sales order and since he told me that I would get my deposit back if I decided to cancel. Boy was I wrong and lied to. When I called to cancel because I got a much better deal from Lowes, the project manager is telling me that I cannot get my deposit back and refuses to help at all. He said I had only 3 days to cancel to get my deposit back which Scott never told me and it says nothing about this on the sales order. All the project manager would says is "I cannot account for your conversation with our salesman". What the heck is that? Why don't you just ask your salesman directlt then. He is your employee and he lied to me. I probably should have done what you did and just not put a deposit down. I thought I would save some time and the hassle of setting up another appointment but as of right now I am out my deposit. Lesson learned. My credit card company be investigating Luna theft of my deposit. I call it theft because they took my money without delivering any service or tangible goods. Stay away from Luna!!!!!! They rather steal a few hundred bucks than provide honest service.

Business Response

AUTHOR: Business Response - (United States of America)

Thank you for bringing your sales experience to our attention.  Our customer service team looks forward to addressing your concerns immediately. We encourage you to contact us directly by calling us at 800-588-2300.