Complaint Review: EMPIRE

• Updated: Wed, July 02, 2014

• Reported By: Leisure East — KENTWOOD Michigan
EMPIRE
Nationwide USA

EMPIRE or EMPIRE TODAY FLOORING Home Wreckers -NOT FLOORING EXPERTS; as seen on TV. GRAND RAPIDS Nationwide

*Author of original report: $7,000 Dollars wasted, and more promises later.

*UPDATE Employee: ET Customer Support

The wood flooring installers were Fast.  They did not level the floor or check to see what the wood flooring manufacturers required.  Now the floor makes loud popping, cracking and snapping noises when anyone walks across the floor.  The gaps under the floor allow the wood to bounce up and down as we walk across the floor, sounding off 24 hours a day.

The loud noises are caused as the wood flooring springs down when stepped on and sticks to the glue used.  Then when you pick up your weight, just in walking the glue releases, making a loud popping, cracking, teeth jarring snapping sounds.

We tried to work with management.  They insisted that the sounds would go away someday.  They are simply just liars or incompetent.  They did write a check for $100 to cover some of the other damages.  Actually I've not covered the whole gut wrenching story.  I am so sorry that I called that 1-800-NUMBER as seen on TV.  I am a stupid idiot ...

Now I know that buying and using local floor installers is what I should have done ! This experience is the truth about EMPIRE TODAY FLOORING CO.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2014 09:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMPIRE/nationwide/EMPIRE-or-EMPIRE-TODAY-FLOORING-Home-Wreckers-NOT-FLOORING-EXPERTS-as-seen-on-TV-GRAND-1148423. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMPIRE

$7,000 Dollars wasted, and more promises later.

AUTHOR: Leisure East - ()

The primary reason we had our newly purchased condo re-floored through-out is because we had not moved in yet.  That window of oportunity and convenience is gone.

Would I ever do this again?  No.  Would I give EMPIRE TODAY Floors another chance to come into my home again?  NO!

A $7,000 dollar refund is due . . . If you mean it; CUT- THE- CHECK.

ET Customer Support

AUTHOR: Business Response - ()

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We never want our customers to be disappointed with the work that is done in their homes, and we regret that you are not yet satisfied. We can assure you that we are committed to working with our customers if ever problems arise, and we would like to know more about the situation. Unfortunately, we are not able to locate your account with the information in your post. Please call us at 888-588-2315 x4195 or send your contact information to customersupport@empiretoday.com, and we will reach out to you. Thank you. Jeanette Ramey, National Customer Service Manager