Complaint Review: EMUSIC.COM

• Reported By:Brooklyn New York
EMUSIC.COM
EMUSIC.COM Internet U.S.A.

EMUSIC.COM Fraudulent Credit Card Billing Internet

My American Express card had an unfamiliar billing from EMUSIC.COM in the amount of $24.99, dated 1/01/09. I called their telephone number and after being questioned as to my credit card and email address information, I was advised that since the charge was initiated in my household, they would not issue a credit-card refund. After I threatened the representative that I would report their company to Consumer Governmental Enforcement Agencies and also asked to speak to a supervisor, the representative relented and said she would issue a refund in 5-7 business days.

As I initially suspected, had I not disputed the charge, my credit card would have been billed monthly as part of a "subscription".

During my conversation with the rep, I was asked if, since I already had an account that was "opened" with them, perhaps I would want to remain a customer. That, is apparently part of their M.O. They figure that they will either get new customers in such a way or for people who don't analyze their credit card charges thoroughly, they will continue monthly collections at no cost.

Conclusion: Dispute these charges with your credit card company right away and encourage them to look more closely into this fraudulent company.

Izzrod
Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2009 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMUSICCOM/internet/EMUSICCOM-Fraudulent-Credit-Card-Billing-Internet-411457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMUSIC.COM