Complaint Review: EMUSIC.com

• Submitted: Tue, June 30, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, June 30, 2009

• Reported By:Des Moines Iowa
New York, New York U.S.A.

EMUSIC.com - E-music refused to issue a refund after I was billed twice for the same service after i cancelled the subscription and purchased a prepaid card. New York New York

Once I cancelled the subscription and purchased a prepaid card I found out that since I used the same e-mail address that you can only have one account per e-mail address--which was never stated. I discovered that despite putting in the activation code for the prepaid card they hey never activated code and just billed my credit card. When I called for a refund they told me they don't issue refunds on subscriptions + I can't use the same email address.

So I paid $11 to activate the subscription, $30 for the prepaid card and they billed me another $11 for a monthly service fee. When I called to explain that I only had one e-mail address the customer service person told me that was my problem and they don't issue refunds for the prepaid cards either. So I am stuck with a useless card that I have paid over $50 for services that I have not used.

Des Moines, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2009 03:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMUSICcom/New-York-New-York/EMUSICcom-E-music-refused-to-issue-a-refund-after-I-was-billed-twice-for-the-same-servi-466515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMUSIC.com