Complaint Review: EMarketResearchGroup

• Submitted: Thu, November 11, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, November 25, 2004

• Reported By:Manhattan New York
1545 J Military Trail #189 DelRay Beach, Florida U.S.A.

EMarketResearchGroup - BRIT Consulting E Logistica LTDA ripoff hoax fraud DelRay Beach Florida

*UPDATE Employee: E Market Research Group Contact Info + Response

I received an e-mail stating that I could get a new Sony Vaio notebook computer if I completed a market research survey and signed on to two separate offers with affiliated companies. After two hours of goin from screen to screen answering market research questions I chose two offers, one with Blockbuster consting me $18.00 and all of my personal information and one with CitiBank, costing me a fee, my credit score, and more of my personal information.

Neither product particularly benefited me but seemed worth the costs in exchange for a new Sony Vaio computer. However, as soon as I completed the second transaction and, therefore, met all of the terms to get the Sony Vaio, I was disconnected from the internet by "the outside host". I attempted to reconnect and return to the final page of the survey but it was impossible. That's when I started trying to contact the company, "eMarketResearchGroup". I cannot find them. The original e-mail offer gives a Florida address but I checked it with the Florida Department of State and they are not a licensed corporation in Florida.

Essentially I spent hours of time, spent money and have entered binding agreements in exchange for a computer that I may never see.

This is clearly a fraud. I got to this page because I wanted to look up the company and saw another complaint about the same bastards. I thought, if I can spend two hours getting swindled, I can spend ten minutes so that someone else doesn't.

Manhattan, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2004 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMarketResearchGroup/DelRay-Beach-Florida-33484/EMarketResearchGroup-BRIT-Consulting-E-Logistica-LTDA-ripoff-hoax-fraud-DelRay-Beach-Flo-117328. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMarketResearchGroup

E Market Research Group Contact Info + Response

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

Dear Bri,

According to the terms and conditions, you are required to complete 6 sponsor offers to complete the participation requirements for this promotion:

Help Page - Provides a good top level summary: http://www.emarketresearchgroup.com/info.htm?tp=gift_help&promo_name=sonyvaiolaptop

The full terms and conditions: http://www.emarketresearchgroup.com/info.htm?tp=tos&promo_name=sonyvaiolaptop

The requirement was to complete 2 offers from each page on the 3 pages. (So 2 offers from page 1, 2 offers from page 2, etc..)

We are sorry that you were disconnected from the internet by "the outside host" but we have no control over your internet connectivity.

However, here is our contact information to help you get in touch with us to resolve any concerns you may have:

E Market Research Group Customer Service
14545 J Military Trail #189
Delray Beach, FL 33484
Phone: 1-866-301-7260

Please note that we typically try to respond to customer service inquires within two business days however we will be closed this Thursday and Friday for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.

You can also submit an online support ticket at the following URL:

(Be sure to disable any email filters you may have set up, as sometimes users have reported that their email filtering software have deleted our customer service email responses before they had a chance to receive it)

Thank You and we hope to resolve any concerns you may have.