Complaint Review: EMatic

• Submitted: Tue, June 05, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, June 05, 2012

• Reported By: DianeC — Essex Maryland United States of America
2231 Colby Avenue Los Angeles, California United States of America

EMatic eReader bought for Christmas 2011 and still don't have a working eReader Los Angeles, California

In November 2011 I bought an EMatic eReader for my grandson for Christmas. It did not work.

Early February 2012 I returned the unit--after several tries to get a return authorization #.

In late April I finally got a replacement--"tested and working"--unit. It did not work. I returned the unit right away.

Late May I got an upgraded EGlide Tablet however, they only sent the tablet and the charger for the eReader did not work with the Tablet. I contacted the company again.

Yesterday, June 4, I received the "correct" charger. It didn't work either. The company did not have the right unit in their system. They still had the original eReader and not the tablet so they sent the wrong charger again. They are supposed to be sending the correct charger now.

I have e-mailed this company and spoken to customer service representatives at least 30 times--no joke! They are non-responsive and indignant when I call because they screwed up again.

I am now filing a complaint with the California Better Business Bureau and writing to corporate headquarters--not expecting corporate to do anything for me.

SAVE your money. Do not buy anything from eMatic. Wal-Mart sells this brand and I have contacted them too--of course--no response from Wal-Mart either.

I have bought my grandson a Nook from Barnes and Noble and may never see a working unit for the $125 I spent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2012 07:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMatic/Los-Angeles-California-90064/EMatic-eReader-bought-for-Christmas-2011-and-still-dont-have-a-working-eReader-Los-Angel-893112. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMatic