Complaint Review: EMerchantClub

• Submitted: Tue, February 27, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, February 27, 2007

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
EMerchantClub
996 Flower Glen Street Simi Valley, California U.S.A.

EMerchantClub Told me website was mine to sell Simi Valley California

My dispute is with eMerchantClub specifically because they talked me into buying a gift card redemption site and when I received access to this site it was full of errors, one being that my customers were not able to log back into they're accounts.

I had made several phone calls on this which the answer was always the same, they quoted, "your customers are typing in the wrong password". I cancelled my membership as I wasnt getting the business I expected, due to this error.

I had made several other phone calls requesting a refund for this website that I bought stating that when I purchased a website, even though I cancelled due to not being able to afford to pay the monthly hosting fee, that I should have rights to the files of this website that I purchased, to let someone legitimate help me with these errors, which I was not receiving from eMerchantClub.

When I cancelled my website I specifically asked the representative that answered the phone if I would be able to sell my website or let someone else help me with it. That person quoted "That is your right".

Since then I have been e-mailing eMerchantClub to get either a refund for the site I paid for or access to the files so I can go elsewhere to someone who couldnt believe what eMerchantClub was doing to they're customers.

I then after about a month of making phone calls to them, along with e-mails, one of the reps stated "We don't do that but I could reinstate my website for a fee of $99.00." This is preposterous!!

I don't know about this so called business eMerchantClub but I do know there are other website builders that will build your site for you and give you access to the files for you to choose your own hosting service.

eMerchantClub is the biggest rip-off for building websites and leading you into believe that the said website they build for you is yours!

Robin
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2007 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMerchantClub/Simi-Valley-California-93065/EMerchantClub-Told-me-website-was-mine-to-sell-Simi-Valley-California-237191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMerchantClub