• Report: #199672

• Submitted: Thu, July 06, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, July 06, 2006

• Reported By:Bird I SLAND Minnesota
EMerchantClub
996 Flower Glen St. Simi Valley, California U.S.A.

EMerchantClub ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing scam criminal misleading false advertising deceptive business Simi Valley California

In April, 2002 I joined EMerchantClub paid to $300.00 for a very small website this was my first website so I felt I would have it built by a pro, and then later upgraded, this one was ugly but I fixed it, I paid $29.95 a month for host fees for four years with no problems.

I tried canceling once and EMerchantClub talked me into sticking around and I probably should have got out when I had the chance, the website was not very search engine friendly.

Then one day on June 23, 2006 I received an e-mail stating that I was going to be charged $200.00 on in June ,29 2006 for updates to my website that would be completed sometime in September of 2006, I immediately called EMerchantClub to cancel my website so that I would not be charged this $200.00 for updates.

The person on the phone there said I should put a request for a refund so I did and they refused, they gave me six days to respond to this notice, on the coming of the fourth of July weekend, that they would be charging the $200.00 for updates that I didn't even ask for, and this $200.00 is for updates that will be completed in September 2006, well I canceled my website account on July ,5 2006 so now they expect me to pay a for updates and services that I will never receive and they think this is fair, I call this deceptive business and I am not going to pay the $200.00

I checked my credit card account balance July 6, 2006 and those donkey asses charge me $200.00.

The only advice that I can give to any one is to stay away from EMerchantClub websites.

Everything may be fine now and one day when you at least expect it they will rip you off.

Websites that sell is their logo, I think it should be, the web site builders that will rip you off.

Mike
Bird I SLAND, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2006 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMerchantClub/Simi-Valley-California-93065/EMerchantClub-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-scam-criminal-misleading-false-advertisi-199672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMerchantClub