Complaint Review: EMusic.com

• Submitted: Fri, November 21, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, November 21, 2008

• Reported By:Santa Rosa California
EMusic.com
244 Fifth Avenue, Ste. 2070 New York, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 212-2019240
  • Web:
  • Category: Websites

EMusic.com Bait and switch! Free trial my behind! New York New York

I signed up for the "free trial" to test the product for a survey program. I intended to cancel the service as son as my obligation was over. When I went to cancel, it said I had 30-some odd days left to my free trial, through sometime next month.

Okay, so I decided not to cancel. Sure enough, I checked my bank account today, and there was a charge. I called the number (866-847-0719) on my bank statement (outsourced much??), and was informed that they have a "No Refund" policy that I agreed to when I signed on to the service.

I informed "Andrew" that I would be disputing the charge with my bank. I was then put on hold while he "spoke with his supervisor," who then agreed to refund the charge within 7 days. I will be following up on this.
Also, a heads up, there's hardly any mainstream music on the site, so I could only find one of the many artists I tried entering in.

Suzanne
Santa Rosa, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2008 08:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMusiccom/New-York-New-York-10001/EMusiccom-Bait-and-switch-Free-trial-my-behind-New-York-New-York-393851. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMusic.com