• Report: #631949

• Updated: Mon, August 16, 2010

• Reported By: Laurie — Del Mar California United States of America
EMusic.com
244 5th Avenue New York, New York United States of America

EMusic.com Creative Fulfillment, Inc. Will not cancel account after repeated requests and SIX months! Still being ripped off! New York, New York

I tried to obtain my free downloads on March 27, 2010.  My PayPal account was, of course, was charged immediately - even before the "trial" period had begun.  The eMusic site had a glitch, apparently, because after entering my information, I received a PayPal notice that my card was charged yet eMusic had no record of my "registration".  I was unable to download music and needed to contact customer service to try to access the site.

Since registering for the trail membership in March, I have contacted customer service monthly to have the account closed.  eMusic keeps replying that I need to provide more information.  I HAVE no further information.  I never received a confirmation of the registration, no customer number, nothing. Ever!!

Every month my PayPal account is debited another $11.99 for an unused account that eMusic will not close.  The total amount sucked from my PayPal account to date is over $60.  I deauthorized payments (and have a documentation from PayPal ) but, again this month, another $11.99 was debited.  How can THAT happen????????????

I have provided eMusic Billing with  all of the e-mails (both to and from) I saved.  I have ticket numbers for all of the requests yet eMusic maintains that I have never requested the account be closed.

I want my $60.85 refunded to my PayPal account.  I have repeatedly asked to be forwarded to a manager who can authorized the refund.  The staff on the receiving end keep sending rebuttals to my requests and refuses to have the issue handled by someone with more authority that they have.

Arrruuugh!!!  Lesson learned!  Never again will I provide a PayPal account or cedid card number for a "trial" anything!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2010 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMusiccom/New-York-New-York-10001/EMusiccom-Creative-Fulfillment-Inc-Will-not-cancel-account-after-repeated-requests-and-631949. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMusic.com