• Submitted: Sat, April 05, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, April 05, 2008

• Reported By:ALVIN Texas
19925 HWY 6 MANVEL, Texas U.S.A.

ENCHANTED BIKEWORKS, Carburetor repairs to Bayou 300 Kawasaki Manvel Texas

I took ATV Bayou 300 in for repairs on 3/2/2008 and the shop said that it was probably was carburetor problems and they would install a carburetor kit. They stated that the labor rate was $65/hr and it would take 2.5 hours to rebuild plus the kit that was quoted at $49.50 ($212). Picked up ATV in late afternoon on 3/3/2008. The ATV was running ok.

At that time they stated that the battery was bad and tried to sell me one for about $80. I told them that the battery had been pruchased a little over 6 month ago and that I had just charged it up the nite before with a trickle charger. I declined the battery offer and purchased one else where that afternoon. As I was installing the new battery I started looking at the carburetor and the intake flex hose (about 3" dia). The hose and two smaller hoses did not have any fresh markings of someone grabbing hold of and removing. I looked very carefully at the rest of the carb and noticed that it had not been taken off the motor. I then took five (5) high quality digital pictures that shows no scuff markings and/or cleaning of the carburetor.

I called them the next morning and discussed their actions and asked how they could do a carburetor rebuld without removing it. The owner refuted my claim. I requested money back on the kit ($25) and one hour ($65) of labor. The owner refused. I then told him that I would go to the Manvel Police Dept and file a claim and rip off report. I have done that and will file a "small clami court" in the near future.

ALVIN, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2008 07:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ENCHANTED-BIKEWORKS/MANVEL-Texas-77578/ENCHANTED-BIKEWORKS-Carburetor-repairs-to-Bayou-300-Kawasaki-Manvel-Texas-323886. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ENCHANTED BIKEWORKS