• Report: #720990

• Updated: Fri, April 22, 2011

• Reported By: chris — Brooklyn New York United States of America
ENERGY PLUS HOLDINGS LLC
3711 Market Street, Suite 910 Internet United States of America

ENERGY PLUS HOLDINGS LLC Energy Plus Company Energy Plus Holdings LLC This company is a TOTAL FRAUD!!! Internet

I am not a person who reads fine print or who normally even pays attention to me utility bills, but I couldn't help noticing that since switching to Energy Plus, my bill has doubled and now tripled.  What was once an 80 dollar electric bill has become $300!!  This is a crime.  I switched from Con Edison party for the offer of miles.  To be honest I don't remember the amount.  Ten thousand miles or something like that.  I haven't been credited for any miles at all.  And on top of paying double for my electricity usage, I am still being charged by Con Edison $80 per month for "delivery services".  Not surprisingly, when I called Con Edison about the issue (the two charges are still under Con Edison, I guess since they are delivering the services) they didn't seem to eager to have me back as a customer and recommended to look into other energy suppliers.  What's the point if I am paying $80 for delivery charges, plus another $200 when my bill with Con Edison as supplier and deliverer was only $80?

I called to cancel service with Energy Plus and was offered a repayment of $48 paid by check.  We'll see if I ever receive it.  The other posts on this site are not very reassuring.  They also offered to give me a discount rate for high energy users, usually only considered for small businesses.  I don't know how a single person in an average sized Brooklyn apartment is a high energy user.

I would love to know if there is any way to recover some of the money I feel that Energy Plus has robbed from me.  Please contact me if there is any information on a class action lawsuit.  I believe I have paid an extra $400-$500 in the short time I have been with them.  I was told the cancelation may take two payment periods.  Thank you Energy Plus for robbing me more!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2011 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ENERGY-PLUS-HOLDINGS-LLC/internet/ENERGY-PLUS-HOLDINGS-LLC-Energy-Plus-Company-Energy-Plus-Holdings-LLC-This-company-is-a-TO-720990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ENERGY PLUS HOLDINGS LLC