• Submitted: Tue, March 23, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, March 23, 2010

• Reported By: Tracy — Hopewell Junction New York United States of America
3711 Market Street Internet United States of America

ENERGY PLUS HOLDINGS LLC Scam, Deception, Horendous Charge for Supply of electric. Nearly doubled my Central Hudson Bill. Charged .15 cents per KWH vs. .089 Central Hudson charge. Internet

I was deceived by Energy Plus Holdings.  I was told my costs would be less than Central Hudson for supply charges.  I noticed an increase after the first and second billing and called the company, only to be assured that the savings would be seen long-term and that though this billing was higher, there were fluctuations which would save me money over time.  I then became distracted with my life, not realizing that my bills were creeping up more and more each cycle.  The final bill at which I "got a brain" was in March of 2010.  I saw that I was being charged .15 cents per kwh for supply charges.  I called Central Hudson who said that my charges with them would have been .089 cents per kwh and that my bill would have been $290 for a 2 month cycle rather than $400.  I feel that I have been deceived and that Energy Plus Holdings is scandalous to charge these exhorbitant fees.  They are clearly taking advantage of the unsuspecting consumer.  Needless to say, I have canceled my service with them immediately.  I think there should be a class action suit against this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2010 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ENERGY-PLUS-HOLDINGS-LLC/internet/ENERGY-PLUS-HOLDINGS-LLC-Scam-Deception-Horendous-Charge-for-Supply-of-electric-Nearly-584505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ENERGY PLUS HOLDINGS LLC