Complaint Review: ENT ENTERTAINMENT BOOK

• Updated: Mon, August 31, 2009

• Reported By: GetTheWordOut — California USA
ENT ENTERTAINMENT BOOK
Westminster, California United States of America

ENT - ENTERTAINMENT BOOK uses bad retention practices and has BAD customer service Westminster California

In 2008 I purchased an Entertainment Book with various coupons and discounts.  Upon purchasing, I was given the chose for 'automatic renewal' of the 2010 book.  It was stated I could cance at anytime, and would be notified prior to the automatic renewal.  I never received notification, but was instead charged for the 2010 book.  When I called customer service and had to verify my information, they had my old address on file.  I was told the book had already been sent.  When I inquired as to why I wasn't notified of the renewal, I was told a post card had been sent.  I explained I had since moved, and the book was sent to the incorrect address, to which they responded, no it was sent to my current address.  Why send the renewal notice to one address, but the actual item to another?  So that you can't cancel.

I also explained my husband had been laid off for 4 months and this charge ($40)was creating a financial hardship.  They were having none of it.  I'm being charged for something I never received.

Not to mention, several of the merchants in the 2009 either no longer accept the coupons or are no longer in business.  So they're selling something that is basically unusable.

This is very deceptive.  I also inquired why I didn't atleast receive an email notification for the renewal, to which they replied, 'We've found most people don't check their email'.  My feelings is the don't want to give any notification because they know you'll cancel.

I use to be a regular customer of this company, but after dealing with their lack of customer service, NO MORE.  They've lost a longtime customer.

I've also filed a complaint with BBB and Consumer Affairs.  I'm not the only one.  I'm trying to get the word out to what a shady company this is.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2009 10:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ENT-ENTERTAINMENT-BOOK/Westminster-California-/ENT-ENTERTAINMENT-BOOK-uses-bad-retention-practices-and-has-BAD-customer-service-Westmin-487725. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ENT ENTERTAINMENT BOOK