Complaint Review: ENTERPRISE CAR RENTAL

• Submitted: Tue, May 15, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, August 16, 2012

• Reported By: mary — brooklyn New York United States of America
ENTERPRISE CAR RENTAL
FEDERAL CIRCLE BUILDING # 69. JFK AIRPORT, NY, NY QUEENS, New York United States of America

ENTERPRISE CAR RENTAL ENTERPRISES KEPT FOR 7 DAYS MY $252.00 DEPOSIT FOR RENTING A CAR QUEENS, New York

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: unknown allentown,pennsylvania.

*Author of original report: My answer to you!

*Consumer Comment: True to a degree

I rented a car on Hotwire.com on 5/4-6/12 with Enterprise car rental and I was charged $99.00, pretty good, but Enterprise requested a $252.00 deposit which was supposed to be returned back to my credit card in 2 business days and I got the money back on Friday at 10pm and I couldn't used for 48 hours after. When I returned the car, they gave me a bill/receipt saying that I would be charged 0, but when I came home, I saw the money still being holded as pendient charges. I called my credit card and they said that the charges were not posted, but the money had a hold on it. I had to call my credit cards and Enterprise like 10 times to have this fixed. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS DEPOSITS BEING HOLD AND ALSO NEVER BUY CAR INSURANCE FROM THEM IT'S A SCAM.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2012 02:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ENTERPRISE-CAR-RENTAL/QUEENS-New-York-/ENTERPRISE-CAR-RENTAL-ENTERPRISES-KEPT-FOR-7-DAYS-MY-25200-DEPOSIT-FOR-RENTING-A-CAR-QU-883181. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ENTERPRISE CAR RENTAL

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

unknown allentown,pennsylvania.

AUTHOR: thebigone - (United States of America)

I can tell you that this company treats there workers bad doesnt give fair time for lunch,has inaccurate paychecks,has insurance claim issues that are fraudulant, if they fire you for exhaustion maybe they can take some of the blame. I picked up a car from a dealership from being serviced and it had prior damage told boss when getting back to ABE the boss told me after she just retured from being away prenant that I was fired for too many accidents. The dealership that serviced the car was Rothrock motors, 15th st pa./rt 22.,returning the vehicle to my company that had proir damage cost me my job we never do business with both companys again. Other workers had totalled cars friends of boss at ABE airport kept their job."The main office never responded just as when the pay checks were inaccurate" please dont do any business with this company."There cars are repaired cheap by a local vendor the insurance is billed to the customer, if employees get too much accidents comes out of boss pay"  However , dont blame Alamo, they are only a used car SUB. of this company, its just bad that a few crappy bosses destroy a company."

My answer to you!

AUTHOR: mary - (United States of America)

Thank you for your wise advise. I rented a car with National and Avis on JFK Airport, NY using Hotwire.com and they never requested a deposit. Yes, unbeliable, but really. Yes, I am not use to rental cars. Hotwire charged me $30 for a hotel room rental and the second time I went directly to the hotel website and saved money. That's being money smart.  However, Enterprise if you go directly to the airport charge you $70-80 daily because summer is near by and in Hotwire.com I found Enterprise between $45-60 daily because Hotwire will rent their cars that otherwise won't be rented, so Enterprise and the others rental cars company have this agreement. Well, I am posting this to help other customers.

True to a degree

AUTHOR: Righteous1 - (USA)

True, The insurance is a scam...mentioned many times by economic advisors.

Untrue that you can expect your money from your credit card immediately returned. They can place a hold up to 72 hours. Its how they transmit end of day transactions. You got your funds returned to your credit card so unsure of the complaint. Is it the fact that you are not familiar with credit holds? Is it that you are irrate that you went thru Hotwire and could have gotten a better deal on your own?

I will gently presume that you are not familiar with rentals and holds and simply need a kind reminder to ask them prior to running the card what the hold time is generally?.  Also a tip for you...never let a hotel place a hold on your room for incidentals...they can tie up to 1k . Tell them no from the get go. If they want you to prepay for your room...so be it..no harm in that...but keep them from tieing up your credit line....