Complaint Review: ENTERPRISE CAR SALES

• Submitted: Tue, July 05, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, March 02, 2012

• Reported By: Walter — ROANOKE Virginia U.S.A.
ENTERPRISE CAR SALES
479 S MILITARY TR WEST PALM BEACH, Florida United States of America

ENTERPRISE CAR SALES FALSE ADVERTISING WEST PALM BEACH, Florida

*Consumer Comment: How were you ripped off?

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Car Sales

*Consumer Comment: Shotguns and Windshields

*Consumer Comment: Here's another thing that's wrong.

I recently purchased a rental car from Enterprise car sales.  One reason I went there in the first place was that they had a promotion that advertised they would give me my trade in value plus $500.

I researched my old car on the internet at Kelly Blue Book and  Edmunds to get a good idea of the trade in value.  Also my mechanic told me that he could sell it easily to one of his customers if I was not satisfied with the offer from Enterprise.

The manager, Mandi, told me that my car was too old and did not have any trade in value.  In other words, Kelly Blue Book and Edmunds and my mechanic did not not know their business.

I went ahead and bought the car only because of what my mechanic had told me. He sold my old car for exactly the amount that Kelly Blue Book had suggested.  It only took him two days!

I was dissappointed that Enterprise was guilty of deceptive and unethical advertising and business practices just like all car dealers.  It is just another indication of what is wrong with this country, greed!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2011 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ENTERPRISE-CAR-SALES/WEST-PALM-BEACH-Florida-33415/ENTERPRISE-CAR-SALES-FALSE-ADVERTISING-WEST-PALM-BEACH-Florida-749230. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ENTERPRISE CAR SALES

How were you ripped off?

AUTHOR: Veedub447 - (United States of America)

You could not agree on a trade-in value for your car from Enterprise and so you sold it elsewhere, then purchased a used car from Enterprise.  I don't see how you were ripped off?

Enterprise Car Sales

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - (USA)

We'd be happy to discuss this trade in value matter with you further, Walter. Please email care[at]enterprise.com with complete details including the date and approximate time you came in to this West Palm Beach, FL location. When emailing please list reference # 110706-002680 in the subject line.

- Elizabeth with Enterprise Car Sales

Shotguns and Windshields

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

are a fun combination!

Here's another thing that's wrong.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

So you claim to be the victim of false advertising, yet even after finding this out, you still bought a car from them.    I have a hard time taking your complaint seriously.   On the one hand you claim to be ripped off, while on the other hand, you support this company's actions by spending thousands even after you were supposedly ripped off.  Apparently, the claimed deception and lack of ethics are not that important to you.  Why should anyone else care?