Complaint Review: EOS CCA

• Reported By: memyself1 — Dayton New Jersey
EOS CCA
700 Longwater Dr Norwell, Massachusetts USA

EOS CCA Debt Collectors Norwell Massachusetts

EOS CCA is a debt collector. No one likes debt collectors, but this collector is a complete ripoff for the reasons I will explain shortly.

In my case, the Department of Education (ED) sent them my student loan that had defaulted. EOS was required to help me recover the loan via the government rehab program. First off they tried to make me pay the highest possible amount, but I negotiated and lowered the bill. Later on I found out that I was eligible for even lower payments, and eligible for the IBR before the last payment was made. However, 9 voluntary payments later the loan was still showing as being in default. 6 months after completing the rehab program, the loan was still sitting with EOS and showing as defaulted. I contacted ED and found out from ED that EOS failed to update the system that I was on a rehab plan, and therefore my loans are still in default. In addition, I submitted an application for an IBR, but EOS neglected to process it and told me that since I sent them an IBR application, this is prolonging the process of finding a new loan servicer.

The reason I am filing a ripoff report is because EOS does not comply with the government student loan rehab program. EOS neglected to mark their system that I was on a rehab program, and therefore my loan has not moved out of default. They are extremely vague about repayment options. They refused to process the IBR although I am eligible for it, they do not send clear and organized bills in the mail. They told me from the start that my entire payment was going towards the principal, but I found out at the end of the program that most of it went towards fees and interest rates. EOS not only hid options from me, put stumbling blocks in the process of my loan recovery, but blatantly lied to me over and over again. Ripoff!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2014 06:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EOS-CCA/Norwell-Massachusetts-02061/EOS-CCA-Debt-Collectors-Norwell-Massachusetts-1130008. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EOS CCA