Complaint Review: EOS CCA

• Reported By: ragedawg — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
EOS CCA
700 Longwater Drive Norwell, Massachusetts United States of America

EOS CCA I owe who??? I don't think so! Norwell, Massachusetts

*Consumer Comment: I didn't fall for it!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Not a Scam

Received a "Notice of Collection Placement" statement in the mail from EOS/CCA, stating that I owed $900.99 for a collection account from eBay Inc. This is obviously a scam, seeing as I've only bought things off of eBay 3 times in my life......all of which were under $100 and completely paid in full at the time of purchase.

The dead give away was the fact that the letter was adressed to my middle and first name, in that order. They didn't even have my last name listed. No doubt in my mind that this is a scam!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2011 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EOS-CCA/Norwell-Massachusetts-02061/EOS-CCA-I-owe-who-I-dont-think-so-Norwell-Massachusetts-788517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EOS CCA

I didn't fall for it!

AUTHOR: Didn''t fall for it! - (United States of America)

I too received a so called "Notice of Collection Placement" from EOS/CCA demanding $911.41 for their client, eBay. I also contacted EOS/CCA and asked for any information regarding this alleged debt. They could not/would not give me any information that I asked for. I immediately contacted eBay and they said they would look into it. Three days later, after hearing nothing, I again contacted eBay and was told by them that there "was no outstanding debt" on my account. I have faxed them the letter for their further action and I'm about to call EOS/CCA as well.

I called EOS/CCA and they wanted to verify my home address and I refused. I then stated that I thought that this whole thing was a scam and guess what, she hung up on me!

Lastly, I have NEVER bought anything from eBay, so it just proves my point, it's a SCAM!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Not a Scam

AUTHOR: J.S - (United States of America)

It is not a scam, they are a legitimate collection agency for EBay. Eos goes by what eBay gives them which came be initials or whatever (whatever the person that signed up to sell used)

The charges are for sellers fees (listing fees and Final Value Fees) which can be assessed even if a item doesn't sell (example if a fraud buyer buys the item and you don't notify eBay you are charged those fees-it's in the terms and conditions that every clicks "I agree" to without reading it)

It could also be a case of someone using your info. No matter what it is give them a call and unlike most collection agencies they are more customer service oriented (eBay wants this) and they will be happy to help you out.

I worked for them last year and I ran into these problems often. Don't just say its a scam and ignore it because then the phone calls start and they will call multiple times a day (perfectly legal)

I hope you get this issue resolved.