Complaint Review: EOS CCA

• Updated: Mon, August 15, 2011

• Reported By: vlynn — Everett Washington United States of America
EOS CCA
700 LONGWATER DR norwell, Massachusetts United States of America

EOS CCA Sent collection notice elsewhere and then reported it on my credit report as severely late norwell, Massachusetts

I had a bill for AT&T that I had been disputing due to them charging me for every minute, text, and bit of data we used on our phones for 10 days out of the billing period prior to me cancelling rather than prorating our bill. This ended up costing us double than what we normally paid for the entire month. I had been in constant contact with AT&T over this as well as the collection agency they sent it to trying to get the bill corrected. I have not moved since this debt was originally created.

Last month I got a call from my sister telling me that my biological mother who lives in another state, whom I have never lived with nor have ANY contact with, received a collection notice for AT&T in my name. My sister didn't have any other information other than that.

A few weeks later I get a notice from the credit bureaus stating a new collection account has been listed on my reports. I look it up and there's EOS CCA reporting the collection as being seriously past due.

No phone number is listed on my credit reports and I have gone to their website multiple times to look for one and cannot seem to find one listed anywhere, so I sent them a letter. In my letter I stated that I  am the only person they are to contact and that my address is the only address they are to send correspondence to. I also asked for a settlement and for this item to be removed from my credit reports in exchange for payment.

I have not received any notice back, have no other means of contacting them, and they keep reporting to all three credit bureaus. Even if I were to send payment to the address listed on the website I do not feel confident that they would correctly report it to the bureaus.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2011 02:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EOS-CCA/norwell-Massachusetts-02061/EOS-CCA-Sent-collection-notice-elsewhere-and-then-reported-it-on-my-credit-report-as-seve-765474. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EOS CCA