Complaint Review: EPENZIO, INC

• Submitted: Sat, March 02, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, June 18, 2002

• Reported By:Virginia Beach VA
EPENZIO, INC
2795 E. COTTONWOOD PKWY,SUITE 120 SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH U.S.A.

Epenzio, Inc. Internet Merchant Account Rip-Off

*Consumer Suggestion: Comment to Joy at Melbourne, FL

*Consumer Comment: I too am a victim of these bloodsuckers!!!!!!!!

*UPDATE Employee: What she forgot to mention.

Beware of a anything that sounds too good to be true! That exactly what Epenzio is.

I went to a National Grants Seminar (another rip-off) on January 5, 2002. A representative from Epenzio was there promoting internet business opportunities. He described a business where you could make money while you sleep. He showed us an internet site called www.mmpwarehouse.com which offered merchandise at very low prices to distributers.

The Epenzio rep said we would not have to buy any stock and the mmpwarehouse would handle all the shipping and order processing for us. It would only cost $99.00 per month to start this internet business. We were promised assistance in setting up our web page and marketing help too. We were told that Epenzio needed a voided check to use so that the payments from orders could be routed directly to our checking accounts. What they didn't mention was that the voided check would also allow them to debit funds from our checking account for $99 .95 to Epenzio, $25 per month to Bancard, and 29.95 per month to Bring It Home Web Wizard.

This seminar was on the weekend and there is a 3 day cancellation period. When I tried to cancel they refused to do so. They sugessted that I try to sell the service through an internet site. The said that if I stopped payment they would send it to a collection agency.

I tried contacting the Better Business Bureau, but they are paying members, so negative information is not shared about them.

This company AND ALL OF ITS AFFLIATES ARE SCAM ARTISTS. THIS IS A BIG RIP-OFF.

Cassandra
Virginia Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EPENZIO-INC/SALT-LAKE-CITY-UTAH-84121/Epenzio-Inc-Internet-Merchant-Account-Rip-Off-15604. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EPENZIO, INC

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Comment to Joy at Melbourne, FL

AUTHOR: Russ - ()

Hi Joy from Melbourne, FL,

I'm also a victim of these crazy companies. Several people suggested me to close my bank accounts to avoid my money be withdrawn anymore, file ACH reports through my bank to get my money back, and report this problem to AG's office in my state. I think you can do the same thing here. What did you do with Monterey Financial who 'gave' the financing for your merchant account? Monterey had mailed me the bill to ask the 1st and 2nd month's payments and threatened me to report a bad credit history to credit report agencies if I didn't pay them. The rep from Monterey had left a voice message to ask me to call back although he didn't specify what he wanted to talk about (asking for payment, threaten me if I don't pay, let me go and close the financing for me, or something else).

Epenzio told me that I can sell my merchant account if I don't need it anymore. I think this company lies to all of us because I got the impression from several people and even from Bridgeview Bank & Trust personnel that my merchant account can only be used by me. If I don't need it anymore, I can close it (like a regular bank account). It can't be transferred or sold to someone else. Beside a merchant account can be obtained from the bank quite easily, according to my friend. Not like the story from Bring-It-Home speaker who told me that I had to have alot of money, a background history of using merchant account, had to deposit money quite a bit to the bank as the safety deposit, etc, etc.

AUTHOR: Joy - ()

My friend & I also attended one of thier unscruptulous seminars here in Melbourne, Fl. We were sucked in by thier lies and promises; i.e. how if we followed thier plan we could start an internet business of our own and be successfull.

So we got swept-up in the frenzy of thier lies and promises only to find out that they were lying. Now we each are greatly in debt with Monteray,epenzio etc, etc,. Let's get together & get a class action suit against these people who prey on us.

Also we still do not have a working website with them and they are suckering us for $89.95 a month to maintain our non-existent web-site. Any-one wishing to contact me may do so @ Joy Lintner, 3365 Williams Ave. Malabar, Fl 32950.

My situation with them is much more deeply entailed as I am sure your is too. Look forward to hearing from all of you who have fallen victim to these unscruptulous individuals. Best Regards and Good Luck on fighting against these soul-less bloodsuckers. Joy

AUTHOR: Joy - ()

What she forgot to mention.

AUTHOR: Neil - ()

What Cassandra forgot to mention was that her account WAS cancelled! Cassandra willingly provided us with all of her personal as well as her banking information. We didn't force her to give us any of it. She also signed a 36 month contract. All of our clients are given a 3 day period in which they may cancel and receive a full refund. If a customer goes beyond this 3 day 'window', they are held to the contract they signed. (Try returning a car a week after you purchased it and see what happens!)
We are not out to "rip off" anyone! We do our best to make doing business with us as easy as possible and pride ourselves on doing a good job of it! Again, her account was cancelled and Casandra was NOT "ripped-off"