Complaint Review: EPOCH.COM

• Updated: Mon, September 29, 2008

• Reported By:Kew Gardens New York
EPOCH.COM
epoch.com/en/index.html Nationwide U.S.A.

EPOCH.COM $30 UNAUTHORIZED preauthorized debit from my personal checking account. Nationwide

I checked my online bank account; as I usually do to assure all my pending transactions had been processed. Turns out, I came across $30 charge from a company I had never heard of. Since, I have been monitoring all my expences, etc. I knew something was not right.

I decided to look into the company and the first text I came across is: "Epoch is an Internet Payment Service Provider (IPSP) which enables merchants to accept payments online. If you received a bill to your bank or credit card that led you to this page, we may have processed a charge to your account on behalf of an Internet merchant. You can retrieve information about charges to your account by using the forms below or by contacting our world class customer service department 24 hours per day".

Funny thing is that they have the nerve to ask you for your account number in order to track "your order". A more direct approach to once again rip someone off. I have reported the fraudulant transaction to my bank. The bank requested I complete, sign and have notarized an Affidavit of Unauthorized Transaction form.

At first, they were resistant in sending me this form via fax, but, I insisted in speaking with a supervisor who had agreed to do so. Very unfortunate these companies for the most part get away with thieving from hard working citizens.

MEV
Kew Gardens, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2008 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EPOCHCOM/nationwide/EPOCHCOM-30-UNAUTHORIZED-preauthorized-debit-from-my-personal-checking-account-Nationwi-376909. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EPOCH.COM