Complaint Review: EPS Electronic Payment Systems

• Updated: Wed, August 08, 2012

• Reported By: Jay — Minnesota United States of America
EPS Electronic Payment Systems
6472 South Quebec Englewood, Colorado United States of America

EPS Electronic Payment Systems EPS90 /Current Agents or Potential Agents beware/ John Dorsey will not pay your residuals/ Englewood, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: EPS 90 SALES LAWSUIT PENDING

*Consumer Comment: EPS 90 Lawsuit Pending

*UPDATE Employee: Full fo beans and sour grapes.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Potential Employee? Beware Of The Following:

*General Comment: curious about eps90

*UPDATE Employee: read your agreement

*Consumer Comment: Appointment setter

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: EPS90 Appointment setter NOT PAID by MARKETING BY HEIDI

*Consumer Suggestion: EPS90 - The Truth

*Consumer Suggestion: File a complaint at Glassdoor.com & others

*UPDATE Employee: How much part time did you work?

*Consumer Comment: Who are you to speak?

*General Comment: responce to the last comment /EPS

*UPDATE Employee: EPS 90 EMPLOYEE

*General Comment: In response to the last comment about EPS

*UPDATE Employee: 25 years in business and a few complaints!!!!!! What do you think?????

*Consumer Comment: EPS-90

*Consumer Comment: *Jay, You can "BLOW THE WHISTLE" on this company by simply going to 9NEWS.COM and.....

Any current agents or people considering becoming agents should be aware that to get you in the door EPS will promise you that your residuals are safe and guaranteed.  They are not even though EPS' own contracts say they need to give you 30 days notice to remedy any situation that may result in termination of your contract.

I started selling for EPS in the fall of 2009 and made them fully aware that I would only be doing this part time and Greg White assured me that was ok.  I only sold a couple deals and was getting my residuals off these deals monthly until this month.

I spoke to agent relations and they said it was a system problem and it would be resolved shortly.  Spoke to agent relations again yesterday and was told my check would be issued yesterday and overnighted to me.  Followed up today and was told that it wasnt issued and that Jon Dorsey the owner would call me back.  Well Greg White called me back and said that I had been cut off due to lack of production.  I asked him where in the contract it stated they could do this and he couldnt tell me and then he said he had to take another call and hung up.

I called back spoke to John Dorsey and he told me he can do whatever he wants, I pointed out that his contracts say that a contractor (sales rep) should be given 30 days notice to remedy any issues and he stated "Well, I am giving you 30 days notice now and I am not going to pay you, your accounts have become house accounts"  I responded by asking how he intends to keep sales people by treating them this way?  He responded "I dont want you as an agent and I dont want agents like you"

So if you are an active agent and dont close anything in what John Dorsey considers an acceptable amount of time dont plan on getting paid on your residuals.  Potential agents, I would suggest looking elsewhere, EPS has over priced equipment, terrible follow up and they dont honor their contracts.

in my opinion it sounds like EPS is in trouble!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2010 09:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EPS-Electronic-Payment-Systems/Englewood-Colorado-80111/EPS-Electronic-Payment-Systems-EPS90-Current-Agents-or-Potential-Agents-beware-John-Dors-584430. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EPS Electronic Payment Systems

EPS 90 SALES LAWSUIT PENDING

AUTHOR: Steven C. Fuoco, Esq. - (United States of America)

FOR ANYONE INTERESTED THERE IS A LAWSUIT PENDING BY AN EPS INDEPENDENT SALES REPRESENTATIVE AGAINST ELECTRONIC PAYMENT SYSTEMS, LLC IN THE US DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLORADO. THE CASE NAME AND NUMBER IS RADER V. ELECTRONIC PAYMENT SYSTEMS, LLC, 11-cv-01482-MSK-CBS

EPS 90 Lawsuit Pending

AUTHOR: Steven C. Fuoco, Esq. - (United States of America)

For anyone interested there is a lawsuit pending against Electronic Payment Systems, LLC (EPS) filed in the US District Court for the District of Colorado by an EPS independent sales representative regarding EPS 90. The case name and number is Rader v. Electronic Payment Systems, LLC 11-cv-01482-MSK-CBS.

Full fo beans and sour grapes.

AUTHOR: mike - (United States of America)

I've been working for EPS 14 years in many positions. The deal for agents plainly states that in order to receive residuals ,the agent has to submit 2 deals minimum monthly to maintain the flow of the dough. if people fall off the radar and don;t reply to our calls, we make them inactive.  When we see more deals we resume residuals. Simple as that.

EPS is a multi-million dollar nationwide corporation servicing over 80,000 merchants, processing over $100,000,000. every month.  We have over 400 very happy agents and sales offices making excellent livings and providing services to their merchants.  We've business for over 25 years.  If EPS was violating people the way this person claims, we would have been shut down years ago so for the simple fact we are still here......that answers the question.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Potential Employee? Beware Of The Following:

AUTHOR: Strangerthanfiction - (United States of America)

Anyone considering doing any kind of "work from home" or telemarketing/call center activity for this group should seriously consider the following:

If you are considering working  for  Keith Day, (aka L. Keith Day, aka Lyle Keith Day aka Leslie Keith Day) or Ken Koch, Travis Stephenson, Felicia Boling (Stephenson) or Ted Ibarra you will not get paid!! You will, however, be lied to by the very best liars in the industry, and used until you are no longer useful to their malicious purposes.  It is sad that Keith Day and his cronies have given EPS, and Dorsey for that matter, a bad name because EPS is a legit company.

The facts are Keith Day owes a lot of people a lot of money for the honest work (they thought) they were doing.

He started a call center in Scottsdale, Arizona and led most of his inhouse employees to believe they worked for a division of EPS. These employees then recruited other individuals to work from home booking appointments for legit reps of EPS to make their pitch. The work-from-home people, (or Independant Appointment Setters as he called them)  never got paid a single dime.

And you better believe Keith Day owes a LOT of dimes.

Also, when the going got tough for Mr. Day, (likely once his inhouse workers started noticing what was going on and speaking up, OR his savvy business partners cut him loose), he then fired his inhouse staff promising to "mail their last paychecks". Not a single one of us got paid. This guy even played the charade so far as to ask for checking account numbers of his employees to "deposit" the money owed, knowing he would never pay.

If you have the opportunity to work for EPS, I say do it. I have worked with many of their reps who enjoy what they do and make a good income. However, do your research.

If you are being solicited for work by Keith/Lyle/Leslie Day, Ken Koch, Travis Stephenson Felicia Boling or Ted Ibarra...don't do it, you won't get compensated!

Word to the wise: There is a light at the end of this tunnel, and yes. It is a freight train.

#5 General Comment

curious about eps90

AUTHOR: amy - (United States of America)

I have started this week calling companies for  a call center and this is one of our programs if you have any information about this I would be very interested to know if i made a good decision working with the center on this program they want us to set a certain number of leads per day and i am having a tough time even setting an appointment i have worked for many other companies calling and setting appointments and have been  an above average appointment setter but this one seems to be different i would appreciate any advice or information

read your agreement

AUTHOR: mike - (United States of America)

I have been with EPS for 14 years and have many agents that have worked for us for years and years.

The agreement for the residuals is very simple and states that in order to receive residuals the agent must submit 2 sales minimum  monthly to maintain the residual payment. If there are no deals submitted over a 90 day period and we do not hear from the agent and they do not respond to our phone calls we have no other choice but to suspend the payments.  Residuals are resumed once the agent starts to send business per the agreement.  It's in black and white. And speaking about white, Greg White hasn't been with the company for over a year so I'm curious how this person can speak to someone who no longer works here.

Appointment setter

AUTHOR: Darlene - (United States of America)

I am currently going through training in AZ to be a EPS90 appointment setter.
Please let me know if there are any appointment setters out there that have problems.
I need to make income badly.

#8 UPDATE EX-employee responds

EPS90 Appointment setter NOT PAID by MARKETING BY HEIDI

AUTHOR: Linda - (U.S.A.)

I recently posted a complaint against EPS90 (Electronic Payment Systems) and a company hired by THEIR field reps to set appointments. EPS gained revenue from these successful appointments. The agency I worked for MARKETING BY HEIDI gained payment from the field reps IF the appointments were performed.

I set 72 appoinments. I did not get paid under the accusation of Heidi Mills of MARKETING BY HEIDI that the field reps SHE had us calling for had not paid her in OVER 8 WEEKS.

I sent out a blanket email to those employees whose names I had from a prior email. I pointed out my situation and one other person came back. Like me, she also contacted the media, a detective and other sources.

At the time of this writing, both she and I are persuing all of the parties involved and trying to see if there are any other workers still there in the same situation.

Both the other rep and I were offered positions of "team leaders"as a ploy to buy more time and have us book more appointments while we patiently waited for ALL 11 REPS we wrote for to pay MS. MILLS.

Someone here is crooked and my new ali and I will get to the bottom of this with the help of the proper state agencies and local agencies.

#9 Consumer Suggestion

EPS90 - The Truth

AUTHOR: ARCNET - (United States of America)

EPS90 provides an excellent in-house financing solution for merchants...

HOWEVER...

The kicker is their unnecessary, HUGELY OVERPRICED equipment leases.

Merchants are forced to lease their processing/imaging equipment if they want the financing program, which will end up costing the merchant $6k - $8K over the term of the lease (last I checked). How do you think they can afford to pay their reps $2k - $3k per deal?

THIS EQUIPMENT IS NOT NECESSARY...

There is "another company" that provides THE EXACT SAME FINANCING SOLUTION...

but it requires NO EQUIPMENT LEASE.

100% ONLINE PROCESSING - NO EQUIPMENT TO LEASE OR BUY (as long as the merchant has a computer w/ an internet connection). Everything is done completely online.

Reps of this "other company" typically charge a $395 set up fee (or less) and $20 - $35 per month (service fee + monthly minimum). I actually know a rep that charges a zero setup fee. Reps of this company are paid a commission of $150 + whatever they charge up to $395 as a setup fee (+residuals, etc.).

The reps of this other company don't make nearly as much as EPS90 reps, but they can sleep at night knowing they're not RAPING merchants on unnecessary equipment leases. They make a little money setting up the merchant, but the real money comes when the merchant is successful using the program.

I won't mention the name of the "other company"...because I'm that rep that charges a zero setup fee :)

And this is NOT a sales pitch. Just shedding some light on the truth.

EPS90's days are numbered...but thanks for making my life much easier.

#10 Consumer Suggestion

File a complaint at Glassdoor.com & others

AUTHOR: Georgia Business - (United States of America)

You can also write a review at glassdoor.com. It supplies workplace reviews. Also file a complaint with the BBB-EPS is a member. Quick form at State Attorney Generals office in CO-online. They also have a relationship with Merrick Bank-can't hurt to let them know.

Good luck, I'm not impressed with EPS either.

How much part time did you work?

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

Well, Jay, you have failed to mention that the contract says that in order to get your residuals you must send at least two qualified merchant sign ups to the company every month for 24 months.  At that point, you are "Grandfathered in forever".  My question to you is, was your part time work a little too much part time?  I spoke with a gentleman last week who has been doing this for 26  months.  Guess what?  He sent at least two deals in every month, and he gets all of his residuals.

Who are you to speak?

AUTHOR: VRS - (United States of America)

If you ask me you lost your credibility in your next to the last paragraph where you griped that they "sell overpriced equipment", etc.

You didn't complain to ripoff report about that.  You complained about them not paying you. Apparently you were ok with ripping people off yourself until you stopped getting your money.

Even if that company is bad - I don't see you as much better.

#13 General Comment

responce to the last comment /EPS

AUTHOR: CK - (United States of America)

Thank you for the information. I spoke very briefly with the Gentleman, he said he was Lane Dorsey. I mentioned that I might be interested selling EPS's product as an Independent agent: and can some one start this as a part time and train in the  afternoons or evenings; and move into full time position? after building a base ? Mr. Dorsey didn't seem to be too interested. Actually, you shared more information then Mr. Dorsey did. and I appreciate that. Frankly, I am looking for a reputable company that I can represent that have a good product, stand behind their product and they are respected in the business community. Thank you again.

EPS 90 EMPLOYEE

AUTHOR: HumbleOne - (United States of America)

First off, You are correct I did make a move to the corporate office Wednesday of last week from being an agent in the field. The change was fully made due to family life and the need of a set schedule. I seemed to slack through the first 3/4 of the month then work non stop at the end to meet financial deadlines. This put stain on home life. Otherwise I would have definitely stayed in the field pressing out the EPS 90 program. 1) There is and was no investment by myself or any agent. 2) There are a ton of webinars and online training, plus a monthly national training which EPS pays for room, food, etc. if you make it to the location. 3) My commissions took roughly 5-7 days to be processed and ck cut.

There is a ton of info at

www.EPS90.net

www.EPS-na.com

#15 General Comment

In response to the last comment about EPS

AUTHOR: CK - (United States of America)

I like to ask the gentleman, that mentioned, has made an impressive amount of commission working for EPS: how long have you been working for them? What kind of upfront investment did you have to make to work for them as an agent? What type of training and support do they provide for their agents?  How many accounts or "deals" did you have to write for you to get that type of commission? Also, how long did you have to wait before getting your commission check? Last but not least, are you part of the management with EPS? Thank you.

25 years in business and a few complaints!!!!!! What do you think?????

AUTHOR: HumbleOne - (United States of America)

I sell the EPS 90 system for EPS and have been paid on what I was described to be paid! EPS will pay residuals for months after your deal, but yes they want you to be productive to continue getting paid. The upfront commission on an EPS deal is 2500 - 3000 and the deal WILL pay residuals if you continue to be productive!!!! A deal a month is not a hard thing to do. People should be writing 3 or 4 a month. That alone is 7500 to 10000 a month in just upfront commissions. EPS has treated me well and i vouch for their VERY reputable company. This company has been in business for 25 or so years and only recieved a few complaints. You do the math!

EPS-90

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

I will keep all this in mind.   Maybe I didn't look at these posting or not.   I have a friend who is doing this and I will help him out.

So basically what everyone is saying is that you're not getting paid for this.   Also to look at the contracts.   I will be very watchful of it.  They have to pay residuals as per say on the contract.  It's a legal document.

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

contacting one of their Investigative Reporters in Denver, Colorado, which is only about 20 minutes from where this company is located.

*Just go to 9NEWS.COM and "BLOW THE WHISTLE", okay?

Good luck to you.