• Report: #920183

• Reported By: Luke — Covington Georgia United States of America
EPS
1039 Grant Street Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

EPS Outrageous Parking penalties Atlanta, Georgia

On Mon July 30, I parked at 207 P'tree at 10.06am to go to a meeting at SCORE in P'Tree Center, to get advice about my resum. When I went to pay for 2 hrs parking, an attendant helped me, exchanging a $5 bill for me to pay into the machine.
My meeting ran over by 12 min, & when I returned to the lot it was 12.20pm - 14 min late & my car had 2 wheel clamps on it. I explained to another attendant (Employee # 119) that my meeting had run late & I would be happy to pay a late fee. In addition, I told the gentleman that I have been unemployed for 7 months. The only funds I had on me were my daughter's Daycare fees.

The employee was polite, but firm, & I had to pay $75 to retrieve my vehicle. In essence I had to pay $80 for 2 hours and 14 minutes of parking I am more than willing to pay a late fee, which should be in line with what I paid for 2 hours parking, which was $5. This is a disgusting business practice -it's a HUGE rip-off. I've called EPS twice (on July 30 & 31), & sent a complaint on their website, but I've had no response as yet

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2012 08:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EPS/Atlanta-Georgia-30315-2014/EPS-Outrageous-Parking-penalties-Atlanta-Georgia-920183. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EPS