Complaint Review: EPS

• Updated: Fri, January 06, 2012

• Reported By: Gary — Seattle Washington United States of America
EPS
6472 S Quebec St Englewood, Colorado United States of America

EPS Electronic Payment Systems Kept charging me Annual fee's even after I left the merchant processor for debting my account without authorization Englewood, Colorado

*Author of original report: New EPS Customer

*Consumer Comment: Way to take the high road EPS!

*Author of original report: EPS Lies continue

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Service

*UPDATE Employee: customer service

*Author of original report: Do not sign with EPS

*UPDATE Employee: customer service

I was an EPS customer for 8 years until I found out they were debiting money from my account without my authorization- I cancelled my account with them in March of 2011- They charged me an annual fee on December 2nd, 2011- After no having been with them for over half a year-

I tried emailing them several times without resolve- I called the customer service number and was placed on hold for 15 minutes plus, then was told that I would not rec'v a refund because I was with them for a small period of time in 2011-

This is absolutely theft- I read over my contract there is nothing in it that states I'd be responsible for this charge-

DO NOT APPLY with this company for merchant processing- THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF IN A HEARTBEAT! I'm now with Chase Paymentech and they're wonderful, NO ANNUAL FEE and they don't rip you off- They charge you exactly what they tell you they will charge!

I WANT MY MONEY BACK EPS and I will be filing a report with the BBB in Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2011 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EPS/Englewood-Colorado-80111/EPS-Electronic-Payment-Systems-Kept-charging-me-Annual-fees-even-after-I-left-the-merchan-814302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EPS

New EPS Customer

AUTHOR: Gary - (United States of America)

I hope you have enough lube to take in up the rear!

I have not been with EPS since March of 2011 when I cancelled by contract- They only cancel contracts on your anniversary date- Chase doesn't have a time commitment contract, these changes are new and if you want to believe everything you read then you'll miss out on a great opportunity-

CHASE PAYMENTECH is the best Merchant Processor I've come across-

I've contacted the BBB, and guess what! Tons of complaints about EPS and the way they practice business- So I guess there are a lot of ignorant people out there like the one I'm addressing this letter to. (:

When a client cancels services with my company, I don't hit them with fee's 8 months later- EPS has made it clear they won't refund my measly $89.50, but trust me, I feel much better knowing I've done my part to educate those about this company and the way they practice business- OH and again, since you seem to want to sign on with EPS, there is NO ANNUAL FEE with Chase- (:

Happy New Year 2012- EPS is out of my life for good-

Way to take the high road EPS!

AUTHOR: EmpathyfortheIgnorant - (United States of America)

Seems like EPS is trying to be helpful to your situation & has even gone out of their way to educate you on the realities of the credit card processing industry norms by pointing out that you will have a contract with Chase as well.  You appear a bit ignorant as you continually rant they are liars but perhaps you should cover your a** this time around by carefully reviewing your new contract with Chase so that you don't burn yourself again.   I wrote 'burn yourself' as you appear one of those 'customers' that a company is better off without since nothing will make you happy.

And no i am not an employee or in any way associated with EPS, I'm actually a potential customer who came here to check them out and all I've seen is people complaining because they didn't read their contract & didn't get their way.

EPS Lies continue

AUTHOR: Gary - (United States of America)

You are mistaken, you have incorrect information- Perhaps you should make the phone call to Chase Paymentech and they will be more than happy to go over the terms of policies.

EPS Electronic Payment Systems is a complete RIPOFF and I would heavily suggest you look elsewhere to find a processor that meets your needs. Chase Paymentech is an amazing processor and they deposit next day- EPS does not.. EPS is a THIRD PARTY PROCESSOR- you can eliminate the middle-man by going directly to your bank for help-

I want my $89.50 back EPS- and that will close this situation-

Gary

I love your faux names- at least you know who you're talking with- yeah that's right me, the guy who padded your pockets and put food on your tables- (((: You know me well-

Customer Service

AUTHOR: customer rep - (USA)

As a courtesy we did google the terms for your current processor. They do have a contract and a cancellation fee. Please feel free to verify this information through your current processor.

9. Fees.

9.1 Schedule A. You agree to pay us for the services as set forth in Schedule A in accordance with this Agreement. Unless otherwise expressly stated in Schedule A, your pricing is based on all Transactions qualifying under the Payment Brand Rules for the lowest Payment Brand interchange rates. For Transactions that do not qualify for the best rate, the Payment Brands may dictate that the Transaction is subject to a "downgrade", which will result in us charging you a higher rate than the qualified rate shown on Schedule A. Fees payable under this Agreement that contain a fraction of a cent will be rounded up to the next full cent.

9.2 Price Changes. You acknowledge that your pricing is based on your annual volume of Transactions, method of processing, type of business, and interchange qualification criteria as represented to us in your Application and restated on Schedule A. We may modify the pricing on Schedule A with 30 days' prior written notice. In addition, we may change our fees, charges, and discounts resulting from (i) changes in Payment Brand fees (such as interchange, assessments, and other charges); (ii) changes in pricing by any third party provider of a product or service used by you; or (iii) fees which are added by a Payment Brand or card issuer. Such new prices will be applicable to you as of the effective date established by the Payment Brand or third party provider.

10. Termination.

10.1 Term. This Agreement takes effect on the date it is executed by Paymentech and shall continue for the initial term expiring three (3) years from that date (the "Initial Term"), and renewing for successive one-year terms (each a "Renewal Term") unless a party gives notice of non-renewal of this Agreement in writing to the other party no more than 90 days and no less than 30 days prior to any expiration date.

10.2 Merchant Termination. You may terminate this Agreement for cause if our services provided under this Agreement fail to conform to generally accepted standards for such services in the payment processing industry. In such event, your sole remedy for such failure shall be that, upon written notice from you specifying the failure of performance, we will rectify such failure of performance. If we do not rectify our failure of performance within thirty days after receipt of written notification, then you may terminate this Agreement upon thirty days written notice to us. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, IF YOU TERMINATE THE AGREEMENT PRIOR TO THE EXPIRATION OF THE INITIAL TERM OR ANY RENEWAL TERM OTHER THAN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROCEDURE SET FORTH ABOVE, YOU AGREE TO PAY EARLY TERMINATION FEES EQUAL TO THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS ($350.00) FOR EACH MERCHANT LOCATION ("TERMINATION FEES") AS OF THE DATE OF TERMINATION. IN THE EVENT THE PAYMENT OF SUCH TERMINATION FEE IS LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE AMOUNT PAYABLE TO US PURSUANT TO THIS SECTION SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. SUCH AMOUNTS WILL BE FUNDED, TO THE EXTENT POSSIBLE, ACCORDING TO THE SAME METHODS FOR COLLECTING AMOUNTS DUE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.

10.3 Paymentech Termination. We may terminate this Agreement at any time upon written notice to you as a result of any of the following events: (i) any noncompliance with this Agreement, the Payment Brand Rules or the Operating Procedures, (ii) any voluntary or involuntary bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding involving Merchant, (iii) Paymentech deems Merchant to be financially insecure, (iv) Merchant or any person owning or controlling Merchant's business is or becomes listed in the MATCH file (Member Alert to Control High-Risk Merchants) maintained by Visa and MasterCard, (v) any Payment Brand notifies us that it is no longer willing to accept your Transaction Data, or (vi) there exists any circumstances that create or could tend to create harm or loss to the goodwill of any Payment Brand, us or Member. Furthermore, you hereby agree that if Paymentech determines, in its sole discretion, that you are not maintaining an Active (as defined herein) account with us, we reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and charge you the TERMINATION FEE set forth in Section 10.2. For purposes of the foregoing sentence, a merchant account is considered "Active" if, among other things, you go no more than 90 consecutive days without remitting on time payment of all minimum and monthly fees. In addition to any TERMINATION FEE due under this Section 10.2, if you fail to maintain an Active account or you terminate this Agreement prior to the end of the Initial Term, you may be obligated to repay, among other things, a prorated portion of any signing bonus and/or the estimated retail value of any terminal provided to you in promotion of this Agreement.

Thank you.

customer service

AUTHOR: customer rep - (USA)

EPS does not have any cancelation fees, we hold our merchants to the minimum 1 year term. We actually do refund our annual fees as a courtesy to our customers, and if you were still running volume through our system, we would have been happy to reimburse your annual fee as a courtesy.

We here at EPS are very happy you have found a situation you feel is better to fit your needs. We wish you the best of luck within your business in the future. The only advice we have to end this conversation is for you to make sure you read your terms and agreements for your new processor. There are processors that have agreements with penalties which include part of your processing volume as well as cancelation fees. It is very easy to assume you do not have a contractual obligation, but it is an industry standard to have some sort of minimum time with that company.

Thank you again for your business and have a wonderful New Year!

Do not sign with EPS

AUTHOR: Gary - (United States of America)

I appreciate you trying to help- I understand that this is just your job and you are not EPS solely- You should know that this type of business practice will not be tolerated- I cancelled my account in March, via fax and email- But you only allow this to be done on the anniversary date and only once yearly- If someone wants to cancel, you should allow them to cancel, I was with EPS for 8 years +- Had I known there were places like CHASE PAYMENTECH that charges NO ANNUAL FEE I'd have gladly given them my business.. In the eight years plus with EPS, I spend close to $10,000 in processing.. is this OK with you? It's not with me. And the fact you took a whole year of services even though my contract was up in June- I should at least be refuned half-

And you mentioned last year and you refunding my annual fee? Do you recall why? You must have owed it to me or like you said, you don't refund annual fee's for any reason-

I'm going to take this further and ask for the assistance of the BBB, It's now the prinicipal of the situation and I'll do whatever I can to make sure others have the most information about your company so they can seek services through a reputable NON thefting merchant processor-

And by the way- Chase Paymentech doesn't do contracts so if you want to cancel, you can cancel at ANY TIME without fee's.. Take that EPS-

Gary

customer service

AUTHOR: client 101 - (USA)

Im really sorry to hear that from you. I personally bent over backwards to help you and had your account closed down on June 10, 2011....as you can see your account was not closed in march like you explained, it was well over 6 months. I tried everything to save your account and you refused because you said you weren't happy with any rates I would be willing to offer you, even knowing this I still managed to get you a refund for 2010. The terms clearly state in the contract terms that this fee is non refundable for any reason and cannot be pro-rated in any way...you can pull the terms and conditions on our website as well. Once again I'm really sorry for your troubles and I will gladly help you out if you have any questions or concerns.