Complaint Review: ESBI - Blvd Network

• Submitted: Sat, November 22, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 01, 2008

• Reported By:Gardena California
ESBI - Blvd Network
PO Box 2365, Palm Harbor, Florida U.S.A.

ESBI - Blvd Network Charged my phone bill for a service I did not order Palm Harbor Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: The magic words . . .

There was a charge of $12.95 on my phone bill for voice mail services. I did not order this service. I called them to have it removed and they stated I ordered it over the internet. They had my e-mail address and phone number. They kept insisting that I ordered it. However, the maiden name they had for me was WRONG! When I asked to have it removed, they asked for my home address and wanted to know how long I had had my current telephone number. I told them that it was none of their business, to just remove the charge. They claimed they needed that information to remove the charge. It's going to take two billings cycles. Why are they allowed to get away with this scam?

Bergelveist
Gardena, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2008 02:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ESBI-Blvd-Network/Palm-Harbor-Florida-34682/ESBI-Blvd-Network-Charged-my-phone-bill-for-a-service-I-did-not-order-Palm-Harbor-Florid-394001. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ESBI - Blvd Network

#1 Consumer Suggestion

The magic words . . .

AUTHOR: Popcorn - (U.S.A.)

I had the same thing happen to me. A charge from ESBI showed up on my Verizon bill. When I called ESBI, they insisted that I had signed up for their service on the Internet. Funny how I never got an emai or snail mail acknowledgement, or any instructions for how to use this service that I allegedly signed up for.

After going round and round with the customer "service" rep at ESBI, with me insisting over and over again that I had not signed up, and the rep insisting that I had, I uttered the magic words:

"Then that leaves me no choice but to file a complaint with the FCC."

He backed off very quickly.

I still filed a complaint.