Complaint Review: ESBI - Qwest

www.billview.com/esbi Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-302-3724
  • Web:
  • Category: tempdir

ESBI - Qwest - Orbit Telecom - SBO Survival Kit billing for charges not authorized or services requested Colorado

On my February Qwest bill two charges showed up for Orbit Telecom ($14.95 on Jan 28) and SBO SURVIVALKIT ($29.95 on Feb 07). No one in my family ordered either service and it is incredibly suspicious that another Ripoff contributor noted the same 2 charges in their phone in Wyoming during the same time period. This is the 2nd time Orbit Telecom latched on to my phone bill thru my Qwest service and it really makes me mad that Qwest allows this without my permission or confirmation!

I called Orbit Telecom at their web page posted phone number (1-800-263-0206) and they did cancel the service and refund the money promptly. However, the service agent first tried to convince me to use the service and then tried to tell me that another member of my family signed up for the service as part of an internet survey. I asked my family members if this was true and they all denied ever participating in such a survey for fear of this very kind of exploitation and manipulation.

I'm not really even sure who to contact for the SBO SURVIVALKIT service and will have to pursue this tomorrow. Meanwhile, I hope that by posting this information pressure will build to kill this method of using ESBI to sneak extra charges onto our phone bills.

Colorado Springs, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2008 08:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ESBI-Qwest/nationwide/ESBI-Qwest-Orbit-Telecom-SBO-Survival-Kit-billing-for-charges-not-authorized-or-serv-310665. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ESBI - Qwest