Complaint Review: ESBI

• Submitted: Wed, February 09, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, February 09, 2011

• Reported By: me — hainesport New Jersey United States of America
ESBI

ESBI Total Protection Plus Third party charge to my verizon phone bill that i did not sign up for Internet

I was curious as i sit and pay bills, what this miscellaneous charge of $14.95 i have been paying every month since July was...so i called verizon, they told me it is a third party charge, and i must have signed up online for some 1-800 voi...cemail plan. I was like, "what?" she was more than happy to take it off my bill for the last 3 months and blocked all third partying billing to my account. I then contacted ESBI and inquired about the charge. They stated that I had signed up online with my phone number for this 1800 voicemail line. I asked if she had something in writing or with my signature on it, verifying that is was me that signed up for it. She said, "no we don't ma'am" i then replied, "well it seems you owe me $127.97 for bogus charges", she said i had to send a request in writing now requesting my refund!! I said, wow that is really hard to believe that you were more than willing to let someone type in my phone number and charge my phone bill without my knowing it, but now i have to write you a letter stating i want my money back?? I am so pissed right now. [continued below]....
.......so everyone, pull out your phone bill and check to see if you have a charge from either total protection plus or ESBI....google it, i am not alone apparently. They are going to credit me back 3 months, but i have to request the other 5 months in writing. Here is the number i called 1-877-382-4357 and the fax number they gave me to write my refund to is 1-813-449-5163! This happened in New Jersey by the way...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2011 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ESBI/internet/ESBI-Total-Protection-Plus-Third-party-charge-to-my-verizon-phone-bill-that-i-did-not-sign-693248. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ESBI