Complaint Review: ESET

• Updated: Tue, May 18, 2010

• Reported By: Mhussy — Burbank California United States of America
ESET
610 West Ash Street, Suite 1900 San Diego, California United States of America

ESET - Eset Nod32 Smart Security is nothing but a rip off and scam, their support is a sham http://www.eset.com San Diego California

*Consumer Comment: ESET user

*Consumer Comment: Read the instructions

*Author of original report: eset are scammers

*Consumer Comment: You are so wrong about Nod 32

http://www.eset.com Eset Nod32 Smart Security is nothing but a rip off and scam, their support is a sham  After installing Eset, the program crashed my computer and I had to an techie $400 to fix it.  When I contacted Eset, they refused to accept responsibility that their program crashed my PC Furthermore they did not help with the viruses that there were left on my PC after installing their so-called program, after 5 hours of recovery.

Their support had an attitude. Eset's support is snooty and highly arrogant. I had no problem before installing Eset Smart Security.It forcibly removed my Counterspy spyware protection and fried my computer The worse problem is that their support suck, arrogant and rude.

Don't buy Eset Nod smart Security, its a scam and con and will only screw up your PC. Eset Nod32 is one of the worse fake anti-virus programs there is

Go elsewhere like (((Redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2010 05:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ESET/San-Diego-California-/ESET-Eset-Nod32-Smart-Security-is-nothing-but-a-rip-off-and-scam-their-support-is-a-sh-603615. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ESET

ESET user

AUTHOR: Ella F. - ()

I started using eset this year (2014) and have had no problems. It keeps my computer clean and safe and runs quietly in the background without slowing the performance of my gaming computer.  I chose eset because it is one of the top rated security programs/companies on Consumer Reports. And they have never pointed me in the wrong direction.

Read the instructions

AUTHOR: la gente es est - (United States of America)

I have ESET and I have not had any problems. No I do not work for them, I had WebRoot before and it never worked properly.

One thing it states several times when you download and install is to remove any other virus or spyware software because it could cause "complications" with your computer. Obviously you did not read this as you stated it forcibly removed your spyware. How can they take responsibility when the installation instuctions were not followed?

eset are scammers

AUTHOR: Mhussy - (United States of America)

i am sorry but eset nod 32 unleashed hell on my computer and eset were unapologetic. Their arrogance was incredible and they fried my computer. It sounds like eset asked you to write this review on eset nod. If eset nod32's support was better, my PC would not have been fried and virus hell would not have been unleashed. its all about their lack of support for when things go wrong and they went very badly wrong in my case. I dont trush this Eastern European vendor. Eset cannot be trusted and Eset are scammers with a poor anti-virus program

You are so wrong about Nod 32

AUTHOR: Ylbob - (U.S.A.)

I have used the software for years on several computers and it is a very good program.  My computer savy friend bought the program on my recommendation several years ago and is very pleased.  I don't think you can get a better anti-virus program. Anyone considerering Nod 32 should do the research.  To say it is a scam and con is wrong and a false statement.