Complaint Review: ESKANOS & ADLER P.C.

• Submitted: Mon, July 14, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 14, 2008

• Reported By:San Bernardino California
ESKANOS & ADLER P.C.
2325 Clayton Road Concord, California U.S.A.

ESKANOS & ADLER P.C. This so called collection agency frozed my checking account and took $2,828.17 after giving me one day notice of this levying. I received the judgement against me two days after they levied my account. The case Number is: SCISS121848 and the amount they said I owed from a company called Portfolio Recovery Associates, Inc. was $5,062.49. Concord California

I understood that I owed $5,062.49 when I got the judgement in the mail. However, even though they froze my checking account on November 9, 2007, they never gave me credit for this amount of $2,828.17. When I tried to phone them that same week in November 2007, they would not discuss the matter with me. I then petitiioned the Superior court here in San Bernardino, California to allow me to make payments. The court said that I can make $100.00 payments each month until paid in full. Well, I phoned my employer and they said that even though I paid almost $3,000.00 in November, ESKANOS & ADLER were still demanding the full original amount of $5,062.49 plus court costs. I am wondering how they can say that I still owe almost they full amount of the judgement even though I have paid $2,828.17 plus 16 months of $100.00 payments which amounts to $4,428.17. I understand that I also owe for court costs, but after paying this much money why would I still owe almost the same amount. I was never credited for the $2,828.17. Please help!!!!

Jennifer
San Bernardino, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2008 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ESKANOS-ADLER-PC/Concord-California-94520/ESKANOS-ADLER-PC-This-so-called-collection-agency-frozed-my-checking-account-and-took-351208. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ESKANOS & ADLER P.C.