Complaint Review: ESL federal Credit Union

Rochester, New York USA
  • Phone: 1-8008488865
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

ESL federal Credit Union Rude, Unprofessional thives. NOT the family bank they use to be Rochester New York

*General Comment: All they did...

I have been a member of the ESL federal credit union for 40 years. They always had a good reputation and I always spoke highly of them until today. The person I spoke with today was an idot. The bank/her unknown to me put a freeze on my checking account this weekend  for alleged late charges on a loan I paid off on time and in good standing over two years ago.

Like I said there was know warning or email or letter tell us that the only bank/credit card I used was not going to be honored. When I told this fool that she put my family and me at risk of possibley being left stranded without gas , food or some where to sleep IF we had decided to take a weekend trip, which we frequently do,  she begain to laugh and mock me. When I called her on this unprofessionable behavor she got worse and refused to let me speak with her supervisor  and told me to call back later and  hung up. I am left without any money including my pay check which I have always direct deposited into ESL.

It doesn't seem right that a bank can steal my money by freezing my cheacking account and bank card. I though they had a responablity to safe guard my money not steal it. Stay away fron ESL Bank if you value your money

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2013 06:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ESL-federal-Credit-Union/Rochester-New-York/ESL-federal-Credit-Union-Rude-Unprofessional-thives-NOT-the-family-bank-they-use-to-be-1073072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ESL federal Credit Union

#1 General Comment

All they did...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

All they did was put a hold on your funds. You havent had your money stolen from you. It was probably a computer glitch that will be cleared up with a call to your bank during normal banking hours. This is less of the bank screwing you and more of "she laughed at me". Yea her conduct MAY have been unwarrented. But im sure you were 100% the polite and courteous and didnt provoke the situation at all.

How about waiting to post a ripoff report untill you have ACTUALLY been ripped off. The bank putting a hold on your acount IS NOT ripping you off.