pause

• Reported By: Crusader — las vegas Nevada
ESOT Network
Internet USA

ESOT Network Trying to hack my computer Internet

I received an email from a company that wanted to inform me that my computer and email has been compromised and that I need to update my passwords. They listed a number to call and offered to help. I called the number and asked them what this is all about . They proceeded to inform me that based on their servers it appears that I might have downloaded some type of compromising hidden program. I told them that I have Norton 360 anti virus. They stated that these infectious programs can by pass most anti virus. I ask them what I can to to fix it. They said that they can help. They gave me a web address called: https://www.fastsupport.com/

When I typed the address I realized that I would be giving an totally unknown source access to my computer. I told the guy on the on the other line that I wasn't going to do that until I verified who they were. After researching and contacting Norton support , my suspicion was correct. These are some low life that have nothing  better to do than to try to rip people off. Norton support stated their is no legitimate companies that send out email alerts that tell your computer is infected.  Since they don't have your Ip or mac address.

Here is the email they sent me:

Hello ****,

Your email address ********** seems infected & originating spam emails. You might have visited some infected website or downloaded email attachments containing virus.

We strongly recommend you to change your password & start using a reputed anti-virus software to prevent any data loss.

For immediate assistance, you can call at (206) 905-1076.

Thanks,

ESOT Anti-Spam Network
New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2014 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ESOT-Network/internet/ESOT-Network-Trying-to-hack-my-computer-Internet-1144407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ESOT Network