Complaint Review: ESURANCE.COM

• Submitted: Sun, February 13, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, July 31, 2011

• Reported By: agarron — beverly hills California United States of America
ESURANCE.COM
650 Davis Street San Francisco, CA 94111 San Francisco, California United States of America

ESURANCE.COM esurance 2004 Prius hypotheticaly "stolen", unable to quote a payout!! Frequent-policy update emails, esurance abitrary policy revisions, "sneaky" arbitrary wordings buried in the policy......"sign here" nonse San Francisco, California

*Consumer Comment: oh wow, seriously?

*Consumer Comment: sneaky ?

Why can't esurance quote for a 'stolen' car payout is, since they know what to bill for insuring my car?

I bought esurance online. They're bombing me with emails. Everytime i read their emails, it seems they make small punitive modifications, arbitrary changes to my policy. I thought i bought a 12 month policy. Now, they're quoting a 6 month period. I call them to verify, they confuse & transfer me from one person to another person. I ask "IF" my car were stolen, how much would i get paid out today. Their reply, we can't say that. "It's impossible to tell". I ask how come they know exactly how much to bill me, how come they can't explain how much i'm insured for. They say "all insurance companies operate this way". Their response seems like, "you're the punk, and it doesn't matter who insures you, you will remain the punk". My goal now, to prepare an offense and find ways to stop these bullies and bring changes that stop these games in the State of California. Why can't they quote how much a stolen car payout is, if they know how much to bill to insure the car.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2011 04:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ESURANCECOM/San-Francisco-California-94111/ESURANCECOM-esurance-2004-Prius-hypotheticaly-stolen-unable-to-quote-a-payout-Freque-694991. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ESURANCE.COM

oh wow, seriously?

AUTHOR: lauritastlouis - (United States of America)

Hello there Einstein, Um yeah apparently you must not be experienced in insurance procedure. Have you been driving uninsured your whole life? An insurance csr or anyone who takes claim reports is not authorized to discuss what is covered nor are they allowed to offer payout estimates. Only a LICENSED claims adjusters can do so. Often this is determined by the laws of the state in which the insured resides. I am not in the insurance industry how ever as a reasonable and responsible adult I do have coverage and I have read my policies. I have also had to make insurance claims. These policies are the same regardless of the type of insurance. I am all for reporting abuse when it is due but please. Your report is nothing more than ignorant drivel. Get some life experience and knowledge before you rant.

With regards & etc.

sneaky ?

AUTHOR: oldman49 - (United States of America)

wow!  You are really out of touch with how insurance works. I am not involved with the business other than a consumer, but even I can figure out you are being unreasonable. I am sure payout will not be a profit making experience if your car were stolen nor should you expect a significant allowance. You may be expected to be paid a reasonable amount for your car  minus the deductable.  The agent probably can't give you an exact payout until you file a claim.  Never mind,,I can see you will want to debate this,,,just cancel your policy and go to a walk in agent where you can get your questions answered face to face..Internet services are NOT for everyone.  Good Luck,,,,,sounds like you have had cars "stolen" before?  How many ?  How long ago ?

Regards