Complaint Review: ESales Data

• Reported By: Ryan — Columbus Ohio
ESales Data
Wilmington, Delaware United States of America

ESales Data E-mailing List Scam Wilmington, Delaware

I contacted Esales data to inquire about a list of contacts.  The salesman said that they would be able to provide me with exactly what I needed and would even be able to send me a sample prior to requiring payment.  However, after the first conversation, the salesman began to consistently inquire about payment, even though I had to ask multiple times to receive the sample data.

Once I received the sample data, confirmed back that the sample was correct, and issued payment to Esales data, it took over a week to receive the purchased data.  Once I received my data, the search criteria they used to compile the list was incorrect because the results did not match my criteria.  I was promised a mailing list of more than 3,000 names with a one of a list specific job titles; however, less than 300 of the names actually matched the job titles I requested. This is frustrating enough, but what made it even more frustrating is that the sample had been accurate to my specifications and criteria so the sample was not representative of the data that I received.

I attempted to both call and email the salesman (many times) to state that what I received did not match what I requested; however, the salesman never returned any of my calls or emails.

I finally received an email from their customer service staff, who after some discussion provided me a second list that was still incorrect.  Despite my repeated calls and emails again, I received absolutely no response.

At this point, I believe this was a scam to take my money and not provide the data that was agreed upon in the initial conversation and quote.  The fact that ESales Data refuses to answer my repeated requests regarding this, has forced me to consider legal action in order to obtain a refund or to obtain a list that matches my criteria and resembles the sample data provided. At this point they are in breech of good faith in that they have chosen to ignore my repeated attempts to contact them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2013 06:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ESales-Data/Wilmington-Delaware-19809/ESales-Data-E-mailing-List-Scam-Wilmington-Delaware-1039542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ESales Data