Complaint Review: ETOURANDTRAVEL

• Submitted: Thu, January 08, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 08, 2009

• Reported By:Elizabeth City North Carolina
etourandtravel.com Internet U.S.A.

ETOURANDTRAVEL Vacation rip off, deceptive, confusion, no one available to contact when needed. Orlando Florida

12/27/08 I went on a 7 day vacation package, that started trying to get room reserved in Aug., calling ever week. There 4 days in Orlando, 3 in Daytona/New Smyrna Fl. I never got a room for 3rd day in New Smyra, never had one available. I ask for 2 extra days car rental, Etour made reservations for me, and billed me in Aug. 7 days were in package. The package was $398 paid for in July. 1) car at Enterprise had bald tires, we refused it. Next auto was Murina, nice ride. The tire pressure gauge said Exit immediately, we did. All the was to Fl from Nc, got a tire gauge, call Enterprise... Light went off for short time and came back on for rest of trip. 2) Check in at Oralando, if late must notify 3 days in advance. Traffic on I95 was bumper to bumper from NC to Savannah going 45mph. We called no one there all day 12/28/08. We got there 10 min. to spare, got pass and had to go 20 miles back to Sheraton. The room was a business room, clean. The pass had to be signed at 90 min promotion tour. The 9:45 12/30 tour ended 4:30 20 mi. from where we stayed. We rushed back to Sheraton to give signed pass so room not be billed to me, 20 mi. again. Every morning the Sheraton ask me where was the signed pass and left me a phone message for 3 days. That got resolved at checkout. 3)We dash off to Daytona. The hotel to checkin, Etour not there 01/01/09. Did get pass and promption tour was to be at 9 on 1/2/09 per internet confirmation made before we left NC. On 1/2 the desk said no the our was at 11 am. We were sent to Coastal Waters Inn to stay, about 1/2 mile away. The Inn was old, bug traps in cabinets, paint chipping off, real old place. We were on 2nd floor. After tour 1/2/08 11 till 2:30, a 90min tour, we went to see beach. The entire trip was cold, windy, miserable. 4) That night after I had gone to bed, the front desk called ask if we had run shower. The result was we had to move to another room our plumbing was running in the front lobby. We moved to 1st floor with wheel chair ramp. I tripped over cement and planter trying to get into room. The room was ok, real old place.

Bottom line, we rode from NC for a 7 nt vacation, with 2- 90 min tours, and one day pass to Disney World or Universal. I got shorted a day, tour was excessive time, rooms and stay nothing like advertised. I paid for 2 extra days car rental. I paid for 7 nt and got 6 nt.
Etour says not refudable, for the room short, I can have extra day at New Smyrna and extra day car rental. I asked today 1/8/09 if they just cover the 2 days car rental I added on $68, no, not refundable. Can't offer rooms any where else, unless take another promotion deal. I'm out a nights stay I paid for. I want the funds refunded. They never had room available, yet Inn had 3 people in rooms, including us. Trickery, deception intentional.

Elizabeth City, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2009 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ETOURANDTRAVEL/internet/ETOURANDTRAVEL-Vacation-rip-off-deceptive-confusion-no-one-available-to-contact-when-ne-409648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ETOURANDTRAVEL