Complaint Review: EVAN DREW

• Reported By: WPB Mother — West Palm Beach Florida United States of America
EVAN DREW
Royal Palm Beach West Palm Beach, Florida United States of America

EVAN DREW Zen Tao Martial Arts Complete Scam Artist! West Palm Beach, Florida

I personally took Martial Arts classes at Zen Tao Martial Arts.  I am a mom who has been practicing since I was a child and know the benefits martial arts on kids.  I told Evan Drew that my two boys were attending another school, and that I would be the only one taking classes.  He promised me there was no contract, but made me sign one anyway.   He said it was just for paperwork issues, and if at any time I wanted to cancel it, all I had to do was write a letter within 30 days notice.  I thought that was fair.  I insisted that I could not go into a contract because I would be traveling overseas for four months.  He insisted and gave me his word that this would not be a problem.

I attended the first two months and took a Muay Thai class with a teacher that was good.  Evan asked me to take his class one day and I was very disappointed with his teaching methods.  He was careless in his ways, teaching and his business.  The very antithesis of the discipline of Martial Arts.  To even call him a teacher is unthinkable, for a teacher knows his art, and can relay that art.  Martial Arts is not about bullying kids, note!!!  That was the last class I took in his school, yet I continued to pay until I left, as I said I would.

I left the country a few months later.  I wrote Evan Drew a letter via certified mail, stating that I would no longer be attending his school two months before I left.  For five months I paid him his monthly fee, even though I attended only two months.  I called Evan and I asked him if he received my letter.  He said he did.  I asked him if my contract would be cancelled and if we were good.  He said "don't worry, I got your letter, you will not be billed anymore", "have a good trip"...thank you, I replied.

I left the country responsibly, I took care of my bills, past bills, future bills.  Only to find upon my return that Evan had sold my contract to a collection agency.  I was shocked!  This is a dishonest man who runs a shady business and has to lie to people to get some money.  His classes were a joke, I have been studying different forms of karate for decades, so I know.  But sadder is the loss of confidence in Martial arts schools that might actually be good.  Shame!  Be careful parents...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2012 06:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EVAN-DREW/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-/EVAN-DREW-Zen-Tao-Martial-Arts-Complete-Scam-Artist-West-Palm-Beach-Florida-829958. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EVAN DREW