Complaint Review: EVEREST UNIVERSITY - BRANDON

• Updated: Thu, June 27, 2013

• Reported By: KATHY — BRANDON Florida
EVEREST UNIVERSITY - BRANDON
BRANDON, Florida USA

EVEREST UNIVERSITY - BRANDON ACADEMIC ADVISORS THAT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE PROGRAMS THEY ARE ADVISING ON BRANDON Florida

THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY ADULT LIFE!! I recently had the worst experience with the admissions department of this school.  Several of the "academic advisors", and I use that term loosely, were completely uninformed and dare I use the term uneducated.  How can you call yourself and academic advisor when you have no clue about the academics that you are advising! About two and a half weeks ago, I went on-line and filled out the form to obtain more information about the Rad. Tech program.

I received a call from Carrie in admissions stating that I should come in and meet with her to discuss the program. She asked me if I worked full time and I said yes.  She stated that the Rad Tech program would require me to do clinicals during the day and unless I could change  my schedule at work to be able to complete the clinicals then Rad Tech was not the program for me.  Which I appreciated her honesty.  She informed me that they do have a Surg Tech program in which I could do everything at night including my clinicals.  I was so excited I said GREAT!.  Within a couple of days I was on my way in to meet with Carrie.  I went to the school at 6pm one evening for my meeting with Carrie and even though I had an appointment with her she advised me that she had a meeting and she handed me off to a guy that sat behind her named Tareq. So I sit down with Tareq and I he asks me the same basic questions, "why do you want to enter the Surg Tech program", "have I ever attended college" you know the same basic questions that I had answered for Carrie days earlier.  I told him at that time that I really wanted to do the Rad Tech program however Carrie advised that all of the clinicals were during the day, but that I could do clinicals for the Surg Tech program at night so I figured I would go to school for Surg Tech and get my foot in the door and start working in the field and then go back to school for the Rad Tech program.  He agreed that my plan was a good idea.  Over the course of the next two week even up to yesterday I made it known that I could not do clinicals during the day.

I spent almost two weeks studying for the PSB exam since I was scheduled to take the test on the 24th.  During this time I met with Tareq at least two more times an had several phone conversations with him and I restated several times that I was excited about the program because I could do my clinicals at night which was rare because all of the other schools that I contacted had clinicals during the day only.  Something should have registered in his mind to talk to someone to ensure that clinicals could be completed at night. I passed my PSB exam on the 24th, which took from 10am to 1pm.  So I missed that day of work.

Tareq contacted me yesterday asking "Ms. Kathy you wanted to attend classes at night only right?". I knew at that very second that something just was not right.  I said yes I have stated over and over that I could only attend classes at night because I am a single parent and I cannot quit my job to go to school.  He said "ok" I will call you back. About 15 minutes later he called me back with someone named Erica, who seemed nice enough, on speaker phone and she starts telling me that I could take my pre-reqs on-line if I wanted to and complete my labs right there on campus at night.  She goes on to say "now as far as you clinicals we have NEVER had clinicals completely at night so basically I would go through all of the other aspects of the program but once I got to the clinicals I would not be able to complete them which means I would have wasted my money.  At that time I advised Tareq to withdraw all of my information from their system and to transfer me to the Director of Admissions.

He transfers me to someone named Robert who started to give me some rehearsed politically correct speech which simply fueled my anger even more.  I advised that I would not attend Everest University at this point if it was the last school in the state of Florida.  I told him that I wanted all of my information removed from their system and that I did not want anyone from Everest University or it's affiliates to contact me in any way ever.  He asked me to come in so that I could ensure that financial aid removed my information from the system and closed out my student loan information because I had signed a MPN and all.

I went into the school yesterday evening, the 26th, after work and Robert the "Pauly D from Jersey Shore" wanna be continues to try to feed me the politically correct rehearsed speech and I simply stated that I did not want to hear it.  I wanted my information closed out and that was that.  He goes to the financial aid section and comes back and tells me that my information was removed from their system. I advised that I wanted something in writing stating that my student loan information was closed out and he kept saying "I assure you that it's closed out" I advised him that I did not trust him or anyone at that school after what they put me through so "his assurance" meant nothing and was worthless to me.

The Director of Student Finance was conveniently in a meeting and he claimed that she was the only one that could give that to me. Needless to say I spoke with an attorney last night who is working on getting me something in writing them since they refused to give me something right then a there.  The staff at this campus are useless and clearly complete idiots and un-knowledgeable about the programs that they are supposed to be advising on.  I would steer clear of this school they are a complete scam!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2013 03:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EVEREST-UNIVERSITY-BRANDON/BRANDON-Florida/EVEREST-UNIVERSITY-BRANDON-ACADEMIC-ADVISORS-THAT-KNOW-NOTHING-ABOUT-THE-PROGRAMS-THEY-1062451. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EVEREST UNIVERSITY - BRANDON