Complaint Review: EVEREST UNIVERSITY ONLINE

• Updated: Wed, December 18, 2013

• Reported By: Lashae — Atlanta Georgia
EVEREST UNIVERSITY ONLINE
tampa, Florida USA

EVEREST UNIVERSITY ONLINE CORINTHIANS COLLEGE EVEREST UNIVERSITY RIP-OFFS ---- FINANCIAL AID tampa Florida

I have only been going to Everest since April 2013. When I signed up to attend this school, they seemed to be really nice and willing to help you get the best education there is. But when it comes down to the money part, it all goes downhill.

I was only signed up for two classes when I first began school in April. The guy told me that I would only get half pell since I'm not in three or more classes (1st red flag). He then told me that when I began the summer term that I would be automatically put in three classes so I can receive full pell. When the summer term began, I was still in only two classes.

I called them and told them that I needed to be put in a third class in order to get full pell as I was told when I started in the spring. They then signed me up and told me that I would see the class online in 24 hours and then told me that when I started to participate in the class to contact the financial aid office and request the additional pell money. I checked the next day and it was not on there (2nd red flag).

I then gave it another day to show up. Still not there. I called the advisors again and told them that it was not showing up and I didn't want to miss any assignments. They told me that the paperwork was not even prepare for me to take a third class (3rd red flag). At this point, they prepared the paperwork and I started the class about a week later after their mistake. When I requested my additional pell, she told me that I should have done this before the cut-off date and that it was too late. I explained to her what happened but she was not hearing it. Now I currently have a balance on my acct that shouldn't be there but since I didn't get the additional pell which should have not been separated in the first place. But I haven't received one red cent since I have been in school because the school has a balance on my acct.

I explained to financial aid that I have never seen where you have financial aid and can't access your money. The school is taking this money and leaving balances on the students acct and it's not right. I have just read an article regarding this school and I will be withdrawing as soon as possible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2013 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EVEREST-UNIVERSITY-ONLINE/tampa-Florida/EVEREST-UNIVERSITY-ONLINE-CORINTHIANS-COLLEGE-EVEREST-UNIVERSITY-RIP-OFFS-FINANCIAL-1108076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EVEREST UNIVERSITY ONLINE