Complaint Review: EVERLY ORIGINALS

• Submitted: Tue, June 09, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 29, 2009

• Reported By:Okotoks Alberta
www.everlyoriginals.com Nationwide U.S.A.

EVERLY ORIGINALS Allegedly closed down and did not send portrait or refund

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: So Sorry

I sent in my order for a portrait with a gift certificate purchased for us at Christmas on The Shopping Channel. I corresponded with staff via email regarding some touch ups they were going to make. The last contact I had was at the end of February 2009.

I was starting to worry about how long it was taking so I sent emails to my contact and then to the customer service email address. The emails came back undeliverable. I tried to get on to the website to get the phone number and the website is no longer in service.

I have had no contact from the company notifying me that they were closing. I have not recieved my portrait or a refund for the gift certifcate. I think it is disgusting that they did nothing to notify their customers that we would not be receiving our product.

Okotoks, Alberta

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2009 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EVERLY-ORIGINALS/nationwide/EVERLY-ORIGINALS-Allegedly-closed-down-and-did-not-send-portrait-or-refund-460169. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EVERLY ORIGINALS

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

So Sorry

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I only found this website because I was curious to see if the everly website still existed, and if they gave any information to customers still expecting portraits. Obviously, they didn't.

I didn't work there for very long, but I'd like to apologize. We only knew that there was a chance that the company would be going bankrupt about a week or two before it happened. We were hoping everything would turn out alright, and were told to go about business as usual. Then one day, the entire staff was asked to drop everything for a meeting. We were told that it was over and that we should go home.

Here is everything you wanted to know:
The man you saw representing the company was not the artist and that is not his name.
The portraits were digitally painted then printed on vinyl, not "museum grade canvas".
A clear acrylic was used for texture, then artists applied acrylic paint for details that were lost or blurred.

Your portraits took so long for a number of reasons. They were under staffed, made promises they couldn't keep, and at some point somebody hacked into their servers and deleted thousands of orders. While the techs were trying to recover the lost orders, customer service was told to try and get the information from the customers without letting them know anything was wrong.

I'd rather not elaborate on the rude customer service representatives. I will say that I think there are a couple of them who should consider careers that do not deal with the public.

I hope HSN is giving refunds for those of you who never received your portrait.

If you want a portrait done,please hire a real artist!! A portrait of your loved one shouldn't be something you purchase off of HSN for three easy payments of $29.99.

You may not have your portrait, but I lost my job.