Complaint Review: EVO Canada

• Submitted: Thu, October 14, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, October 18, 2012

• Reported By: Kevin — Victoria British Columbia Canada
EVO Canada
505 de Maisonneuve Boulevard West Suite 500 Montreal, Quebec United States of America

EVO Canada EVO Merchant Services Funds stolen. Double-charges customers. Funds not deposited to my account. Montreal, Quebec

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Another A++ BBB rated provider

*Consumer Suggestion: Payment Providers

*Consumer Suggestion: EVO Canada - Solutions!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: EX-EVO's SUGGESTION

*Consumer Comment: Everything you described in your report, we can relate to.

**BEWARE ** There are plenty of good Merchant Services providers out there. This is not one of them.

EVO Canada is the Canadian brand this company operates under. EVO is nothing more than a sales front. Global Payments is the back-end service provider, and they refuse to talk to EVOs customers, even though my account statements have Global Payments name at the top.

My dealings with this campany have been a nightmare, to say the least. A brief summary of my ongoing battle follows:

- Funds are not being deposited to my account. My first (and only) deposit took over a month to appear. Nothing since.

- Calls to EVO yeild no results, no answers, no details, no returned calls.

- Customers are being double-charged, and the funds are not being passed on to me.

- Ive been locked out of my virtual terminal, and cant view details of these charges, nor can I refund the customer, as I do not have access to my account. EVO will not refund the charges for me, as they have now closed my account without explanation.

At last count, I have placed 35 calls to EVO. While no solution or concete answer has ever resulted, I have been promised a call back at the end of nearly every one of these calls. To date, EVO has called me back three times, but only to say Well call you when we have a solution. I am frequently told something to the effect of the person who handles that is not in the office right now.

Ive run out of both options and patience trying to deal with EVO. I am currently seeking resolution through the Better Business Bureau. Perhaps this will at least result in a reply.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2010 04:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EVO-Canada/Montreal-Quebec-/EVO-Canada-EVO-Merchant-Services-Funds-stolen-Double-charges-customers-Funds-not-deposit-651063. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EVO Canada

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Another A++ BBB rated provider

AUTHOR: SecuTrans Bankcard Service - ()

SecuTrans Bankcard Service is another 100% Canadian prefectly rated by BBB.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Payment Providers

AUTHOR: Scammers Beware - (United States of America)

I am a regional manager within this industry. My company is the only A+  BBB rated company in Canada, with Chamber membership. I strongly suggest..

Never purchase without 3 quotes:
Always check the records, Like BBB affiliation, if they're not a member Why??
Are they Compliant with the FCAC, Canada's Code of Conduct:
Always deal with a live person, never phone or fax unless necessary:
Ask who the provider is, they company taking your money:
Cancellation fees, set up fees, and penalties, always ask what they are:
Is the terminal a separate supplier, and the fees etc, on top of the rent or lease:
Ask for real reference's and someone to talk to:

In my experience, watch out for the following companies:

*Any one selling through Global Payments. Global has a security  breach with Visa and MC. It's like driving your car without insurance. Google Global Payments breach
*Pivotal and Monex were reported by CBC and others for fraud, and illegal deductions. Google them
*Moneris has a habit of steady increases and fees after signing. Get a guarantee on future rates and timetable.
*In descending order, I recommend "Elavon" best record... "TD" good record but pricey... "First Data" big and pricey from New York... "Chase" pricey, with unreasonable contracts, from New York.

I hope this helps,... and yes we are an Elavon ISO, with A+ BBB, for your peace of mind, and the best pricing and service in the industry. mseaton@merchant1payments       A Canadian Company.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

EVO Canada - Solutions!

AUTHOR: Giovanni - (Canada)

Steps to follow to ensure compliance from your credit card processing company (e.g. EVO):

go to: http://fin.gc.ca/n10/data/10-049_1-eng.asp and print out the three page Code of Conduct

Read the Code of Conduct point by point.

Get the last three statements from EVO-Global Payments and check for unauthorized charges (in my case "charge no.:6779 - DATASECFEE : $95.40

Should you find anything out of line, call the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada at : 1-866-461-3222 and start a Code Compliance Proceeding

Go to the Financial Consumer Agency Website :  http://www.fcac-acfc.gc.ca/ select your language and on the next page look for "how to lodge a complaint" (lower left corner)

Go to Payment Card Network Operators and click on the link at the bottom of the paragraph.

On the next page click on the bluish-green box and after the new page loads in the space provided type in : visa and follow thru' to complain to Visa.

Click on the back arrow and follow thru' complaining to mastercard and also interac, the same way as you did Visa

For lodging the Compliance for Interac you can call: 1-416-869-7173

If you would like to complain about EVO to Global Payments the number to call is : 1-800-361-8170

Feel free to distribute all of the above instructions. The bigger the noise we make the faster the resolution!

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

EX-EVO's SUGGESTION

AUTHOR: X-Evo Rep - (USA)

AS AN EX-EVO SALES REPRESENTATIVE, I SUGGEST DOING THE FOLLOWING:
GET AN ATTORNEY TO SUBPOENA EVO's UNDERWRITING DEPARTMENT AND OBTAIN 'THEIR COPY' OF THE APPLICATION SUBMITTED, BY THE SELLING AGENT; WHO IN TURN PASSED-IT-THROUGH TO A LOCAL MANAGER, WHICH IN TURN MAY HAVE ALTERED THE SUBMITTED DOCUMENT, BEFORE TURNING IT IN TO UNDERWRITING.

THAT'S JUST ONE OF A FEW SUGGESTIONS.

PLEASE USE IT.

EX-EVO

Everything you described in your report, we can relate to.

AUTHOR: Michelle - (Canada)

We came across your report after looking for reviews on EVO Canada online because we have been facing so many problems with them ever since we started using their service.  I filed my own report on here a few days ago, here is the link to the report

I am curious if you were able to receive any resolution to the issues you were facing and what has happened since then.  We are still working on our issues, still no concrete resolutions but hoping that at least some of our frustrations can be dealt with.  At this point, it's not looking very optimistic because we keep getting the standard "we'll look into it and get back to you" response, just dragging and dragging it out.

Thanks,