On Dec 27, 2007, I went to a web-site to order some antidepressants. The amount of the sale was $133.17. This amount was immediately debited from my checking account using a debit card. I was told that it would take up to 17 days for delivery.
I began telephoning regarding my order,using the number on the web-site. I was only able to get through to a person during the middle of the night. The person who always answered the phone said they did'nt know what happened to my order and were not able to answer any questions regarding shipping dates or location.
Finally, I called on a whim during the daytime and a girl answered the phone to say my order was being held up in customs. I asked her why, and she said she did not know why there was a delay and had no idea when or if my purchase was to shipped.
At this point, I simply asked for a refund in the amount of $133.17. She readily agreed to this and said she would process my request and that my account would be credited for the full amount of the purchase within 3-5 business days.
Needless to say this never happened, so I started to email customer service. Their response was always prompt and courteous with the assurance that my checking account would be credited on 3-11-08.
I emailed them back to say this amount had not been credited on this date and they told me at this point the only recourse was to contact my bank.
Of course the bank never recieved this credit and told me to contact the customer service department I was trying to do business with.
As of 3-5-09, I was told that their was a time limit of 6 months when requesting a refund and at this point there is nothing that can be done. I went back to the web-site and did not find in the terms and agreements any referral to a 6 month cut-off date.