Complaint Review: EXEDE ViaSAT Internet

• Submitted: Fri, December 21, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 21, 2012

• Reported By: NEWEXEDEUSER — London Kentucky United States of America
EXEDE ViaSAT Internet

EXEDE ViaSAT Internet EXEDE Satellite Internet does not work with online college classes provided by Pearson ED , Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Fix from ViaSat

EXEDE internet does NOT allow access to online college courses provided by pearson.com

I contacted EXEDE several times within the the first month the service was installed.  Being a network techinican, I ran several network sniffer programs and pinpointed the problem.  EXEDE satellite internet did not allow certain png files to load (there were several malformed packets-  always on the same two files).
I literally begged EXEDE tech support to please do a "join me" session so they could see what was going on as my network sniffer ran.  When they refused,  I asked to email my sniffer logs.    Their tech support told me their LAWYERS would not let them perform a "Join Me" session NOR could I email my sniffer logs to them.

EXEDE sent out a Questionnaire about 1 month later after I signed up for the service.  I explained all of this to them.  I have yet to here from them.

Bottom line, if you are a college student with no broadband option and your university utilizes PEARSON'S online courses, DO NOT GET EXEDE internet.  You will not be able to access your online PEARSON class and EXEDE support will not help you at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2012 06:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EXEDE-ViaSAT-Internet/internet/EXEDE-ViaSAT-Internet-EXEDE-Satellite-Internet-does-not-work-with-online-college-classes-985692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EXEDE ViaSAT Internet

Fix from ViaSat

AUTHOR: Exede Nick - ()

ViaSat takes these reports very seriously. We want our customers using Exede Internet service to be able to access any and all websites, especially something as important as online learning. When we were notified of this problem, we investigated what kind of content from Pearson might be causing this issue. The issue was successfully replicated and we developed a comprehensive list of colleges and universities which use the Pearson education platform. On 2/1/2013, this issue was resolved with a change to our web acceleration technology. We have had no further reports of problems with the Pearson education platform and consider this issue resolved.