Complaint Review: EXPEDIA TRAVEL - EXPEDIA.COM

• Updated: Sat, September 12, 2009

• Reported By: mrs. r — apo Internet USA
EXPEDIA TRAVEL - EXPEDIA.COM
CMR 415 BOX 3111 Internet United States of America

EXPEDIA TRAVEL - EXPEDIA.COM EXPEDIA FAILED TO FILE A MEDICAL EXCUSE GIVEN THEM IN WRITTING 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO A FLIGHT WITH DELTA. DELTA STATES THAT IF THEY HAD FILED, THE TICKET WOULD HAVE BEEN REFUNDED. NOW THEY WILL NOT HELP. APO AE, Internet

I am in Europe and purchased a Delta ticket throught Expedia round-trip to Atlanta to see a medical doctor for an illness I have.  Two weeks prior to the flight, I became too ill, and my doctor here wrote a letter so that my flight could be cancelled and the money refunded.  This letter was sent on August 18, in accordance with instructions on the Expedia web-site to the Expedia office at:

"Refunds"

PMB 354

2897 N. Druid Hills Rd

Atlanta, Georgia  30329

The Expedia web-site states that they would "acknowledge the documents with an e-mail, and initiate the refund request".  They did not do any of this.

Yesterday I contacted Expedia.  They stated that they would cancel my flight and e-mail me back that they had done it. The person didn't want to do it and told me to call Delta myself.  I said this is an Expedia ticket, YOU cancel it.  He said there was some "computer glitch" and I needed to call back.  I said no, cancel it now and when it is done, email the confirmation.  Hours later...no confirmation.  I email them and they say, no this reservation has not been cancelled.  We only have in our records that you called to "enquire" about the flight.  BALONEY!

I immediately called Expedia again and requested to talk with a supervisor.  I spoke with Diana at 1 404 728 8787.  She stated that the ticket had not been cancelled.  She stated that the customer representative yesterday put in his note that I was only enquiring about the ticket.  Diana refused to be of help, and basically stated that it was a Delta issue and expedia was not going to help.

I then called the Delta reservation desk, and gave them the ticket number.  They stated that indeed they would have honored a full request if Expedia had contacted them previously, but now it was too late, as the flight date was today.

Expedia has not only failed to honor their word according to their web-site, they have failed me, an ill passenger in Europe.  They have continued on several conversations to misrepresent the facts and not be helpful.  I cannot understand why they would want to keep me from a refund of $700, when it would have only cost them a quick phone call to Delta.  Are they willing to produce ill-will for whatever amount they were making on my ticket?

I believe if this is their ongoing behavior that they should go out of business.

Thank you for helping me in this matter!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2009 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EXPEDIA-TRAVEL-EXPEDIACOM/internet/EXPEDIA-TRAVEL-EXPEDIACOM-EXPEDIA-FAILED-TO-FILE-A-MEDICAL-EXCUSE-GIVEN-THEM-IN-WRITT-493890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EXPEDIA TRAVEL - EXPEDIA.COM