• Report: #199285

• Reported By:Johnston Rhode Island
EXPERIAN - EQUIFAX - TRANSUNION
Nationwide U.S.A.

EXPERIAN - EQUIFAX - TRANSUNION ripoff Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Some advice from a worker at a credit bureau that made sense

*Consumer Comment: annualcreditreport.com

*Author of original report: Capital One

*Consumer Comment: Got my credit report right here!

*Consumer Suggestion: Ken...You must be specific..

*Author of original report: Denise

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: OR...

*Consumer Comment: You must be kidding!

*Author of original report: Denise

*Consumer Suggestion: Sherry.....More info on Experian

*Consumer Comment: Get your facts straight!

*Consumer Comment: Experian afraid to accept certified mail in California?

*Author of original report: credit unions

*Consumer Suggestion: Some facts for Ken re; FREE credit reports..

*Author of original report: Experian Equifax Transunion

*Consumer Comment: Class Action against all three in greenville S.C.

Lately we've tried getting credit. They talk about this accurate credit score they keep. But they never delete old credit accounts paid or brought upto date. Maybe in the beginning they started out with good intentions or revenge to that those who made mistakes never got credit again until they paid off thier old bills. Does that sound like a just and fair descision to you. Actually a just and fair decision would be to not be allowed an equal amount of credit owed. These 3 credit reporting companies are now fleecing Americans everywhere. They even go as far to tell you how you can get your free credit report then when you get thier they want a charge you for you credit score. Apply for credit then you'll know what your credit score is.

Don't let these 3 companies mislead you and destroy your good credit with just a couple bad mistakes mostly small ones. And don't fall for thier scam to buy a report you already know what it is. It's like thier looking at Americans and saying hey! Look how stupid they are. They not only got bad credit but they'll pay to see how bad it is. Don't be a stupid American and join the boycott to help bring these 3 companies down till they can get thier records upto date with verified and investigated proof and not some here say because a company decided to add you to the list with you having an equal and fair chance to explain. I got my credit report from them and it had things on it that I knew nothing about. Did not even know who the companies were. Thats how accurate they are.

Ken
Johnston, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2006 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EXPERIAN-EQUIFAX-TRANSUNION/nationwide/EXPERIAN-EQUIFAX-TRANSUNION-ripoff-Nationwide-199285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EXPERIAN - EQUIFAX - TRANSUNION

Some advice from a worker at a credit bureau that made sense

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

I do not know if it will help but I will post this anyway. It might help folks get erroneous stuff off of your report easily, without the normal bureaucracy.

A friend of mine used to work at a credit bureau and told me a way that you can get things removed from your credit report. I have not tried it but the guy swore it was legit and it makes sense to me.

According to law, all disputes submitted to a credit bureau, concerning an entry you want removed, have to be investigated within 20 days of receiving the dispute.

According to my friend, during the Christmas season, the credit bureaus are swamped with disputes and have trouble getting to all of them. I was told that if a dispute was filed anywhere from 10 to 15 days before Christmas, that there was an excellent chance that they would have to remove the entry because they could not investigate it in time (and by law they would have to remove it). I think he knew what he was talking about and was not a boob...but I could be wrong. Any input folks?

annualcreditreport.com

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

wow I got mine free from this site and all three of them, and equifax and transuninon have nothing from capitalOne for me (or anything of that matter except address,etc..,, however capitalOne reported to Experian and guess what I signed up for the 30-day FREE trial.. :) i know after the trial I will be billed (I am going to cancel before then tho), however during this free trial at experian you can see your FICO score thru them. :) My score is 730/830 with them (I am fairly new to the market. ;) so only CapitalOne for me. However upon signing up with experian you get taken to creditexpert.com/ tosign up and see ur report and u do need to sign up with all three separetly I believe to see them side by side. :) Otherwise you only see experian.

Experian takes a dollar Authorized charge out of ur Total Credit, but will not become on ur total balance until the Trial ends.

Capital One

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

See what rechecking your facts does. Sometimes things change and your old information becomes incorrect. So I revisted Capital One. Its still thier with the numbers but the page has been completely rewritten and done. Addy is now capitalone.com/credit101/credit/ Were as before it had a whole page of its own. Banking financial instutions basically implemented and originally payed to get these institutions up and running. For a good reason. To help minimize making bad choices. But now thier not needed as much because the bank employees are better trained and look more at income per year than a few bad credit reports. So now the companies are charging in a round about way to try and survive. War is costing to much. Hummers use alot of fuel. Fuel comsumption in the war is almost equal now to that of what we use in America and we can't keep up. It doubled. So no one cares about credit reports anymore. Just your social security number so they can check and see how much you make a year. That worries me. Because the social security number is getting into to many hands and what if these credit reporting agencies go belly up soon.

How will know your imformation is destroyed properly or just tossed in some dumpster. Since banking institutions have learned and grown they no longer need credit reports. Simple you automatically put insurance on every account you have and if they can't pay because of a mistake or lose a job or whatever reason the insurance company picks it up. Thats the way it was when I was growing up. Was a better system because it did'nt punish people for mistakes beyond thier control like a factory shutdown.

Got my credit report right here!

Ken,

I have checked my facts and the fact is AnnualCreditReport is FREE! And as of yesterday afternoon (7-6-06) I have 1 out 3 reports (Experian). I might print out the others this weekend.
AnnualCreditReport does not have a 3 in 1 credit report.
Go to AnnualCreditReport.com, find the "Start Here to View and Print Your Free Credit Report Now", click on your state, click "Request Report".
CRAs are a for-profit company. Our creditors subscribe to their service. CRAs ONLY report what the credit card companies provide to them. And credit card companies can lie and be downright nasty (e.g. Capital One). I will admit that the CRAs need better investigation methods than sending a piece of paper to the creditor and having them verify it.
You want to get rid of the Credit Bureaus because you believe they're getting revenge on the little folks who might into financial trouble and can't pay their bills. That's what credit history tells us! Financial institutions need to know the risk of lending to a consumer. Your theory is, "Hey take my word for it...I got it covered." That's just ridiculous!

The fact that you have articles all over the internet and that you "know" who really initiated the 9/11 attacks, is irrelavent. Besides any idiot can write an article on the 'net. H**l, an idiot runs this country! That doesn't make you an expert!

And please tell me, since you obviously missed it the first time, what ads are you seeing on TV? And where on Capital One's website can you find how to check your credit? I have a Capital One card and have been to their site. So,where is it?

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Ken...You must be specific..

Ken,

You MUST specifically request your FREE ANNUAL CREDIT REPORT if you contact the bureaus directly. I have done this and had no problems.

Contacting each bureau directly is actually best, because you get 3 separate reports which can be used for disputes.

The 3 bureau report you get from annualcreditreport.com is not accepted by all bureaus for disputes. Guess which one?

Denise

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

Like I said do you homework. Don't ramble on without checking it out. That is where I went after steve put it up because I had never heard of that site. Once I got there it just redirected me to each of the companies sites one by one.

Transunion wants a fee straight out. Equifax gave a free report. Experian said I'd applied for a credit report within 12 months. Which I had not and wanted to do a print out of form and mail it in with a fee. Go back to the site and recheck.

If you think these 3 companies are saints and not gold diggers plotting for a quick buck search Capital One credit card complaints. Then go to capitalone and check on their site to see how to check your credit. Try 53 bank. Try a few of the others too. I'm not wealthy nor am I in desperate ways. Just a common man who gets pissed now and then and does some research when I see something I don't believe is just or fair like the war. America held hostage by poor suicide car bombers. I believe from all the research I did their from the style of attack only one man fit the profile for the 9-11 attacks. Yasar Arafat. Who started the hijacking of planes in the 1970's when he 1st used this tactic on Jordan. But Japan also used this style of attack. This is just a hobby for me when I have free time and I'm reading my homepage at startup. I do pieces all over the internet. So I don't really like to argue but will discuss facts after you check them out again.

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

OR...

AUTHOR: Mindy - (U.S.A.)

You could call me, I could pull credit, and of you came by my office, I would give you a copy.

Regardless, I dont know about the charging for FICO's, but KEN:

Complaining about the credit bureau is a JOKE! We are all on the same playing field. I have to adhere to the same rules as you. The average FICO in the U.S. is 680, which will qualify you for PRIME PRICING as long as income and equity are there.

So with that said, the bureaus are doing their jobs. Just because you dont pay your bills doesnt mean we have to identify yet ANOTHER scapegoat.

You must be kidding!

Ken,

I have been to this site before and have received my credit reports with no fees! I've also disputed them at each site for free, with no problems either. I don't know where you're going, but it isn't there.

AnnualCreditReport.com is the only place you can get your reports for free, no strings attached. Don't go directly to Equifax, Experian, or TransUnion's web site.

As I said earlier, credit scores are different than credit reports. And the law does not allow for you to receive a free credit score. Are you really that cheap? Anyhow, your credit report is what makes the credit score (not the other way around). Your credit history shows how well or badly you've paid your debts.

However, if you have an error on your report disput/verify it. Sometimes you have to be persistant with either the CRA or the creditor, to get them to report it correctly. If the CRA or creditor won't take off the erroneous item, you can sue them.

The CRAs handle over 200 million files and over 4.5 million pieces of data a month! The majority of Americans have errors on their credit reports.

Equifax, Experian, TransUnion have long been setting the standard for credit scores. While we may not like or completely understand their guidlines for distributing our score, that's the way it is!

They don't get revenge on people who make bad credit choices. And if you don't get credit because of long-overdue unpaid bills, then good. Evidently, you can't handle your financial responsibilities.

Sounds like you've had some hard times and want the credit bureaus to cut you some slack! Well, join the rest of us. What makes you so special?
You knew the risks of having credit, now live with it. I do.

Use your common sense man.

P.S.-Please state your references to these ads on TV, on the news or in the newspaper.

Denise

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

You need to re visit the fore meentioned site above and try again with your response and watch the ads more closely especially the ones on the news. They are handling credit scores and setting the standards. Do your homework well. I did'nt write those pieces without going over every inch and angle and statement made.

#10 Consumer Suggestion

Sherry,

Experian wants all disputes and other contact to be done exclusively online. This is a big scam, and is discriminatory also.

847 517 5600

Consumer credit report assistance is not available at the locations listed here.

#11 Consumer Suggestion

#12 Consumer Suggestion

#13 Consumer Suggestion

Get your facts straight!

AUTHOR: Denise - (U.S.A.)

Annualcreditreport.com allows everyone to get a free credit report (Not credit score) from each of the 3 CRAs per federal law. Credit scores are not available for free under the federal law. But it's still only a small fee.

Those free credit report sites,that you see on TV or the Internet, clearly and plainly tell you that you get a free 30-day trial to use their services and give you have the opportunity to get a free credit report. However, if you do not cancel within the 30-days you will be charged a monthly fee. So where's the scam? There isn't one. But then, you have to have the ability to read English first.

And you can dispute your report online at ALL 3 CRAs for FREE!

CRAs report your credit history. Not paying your bills, no matter how small, are a part of it. And paying off your bills does not mean they automatically come off your credit report. Every credit card or loan shows on your credit history. It's a good thing if you make your payments on time and don't abuse credit, as you are seen from other financial institutions as a good risk/responsible consumer. If you make bad choices, no matter how small, will show the opposite. That's what your credit history is!
However, I do know that if you are disputing a legitimate error, it can be tough. Not too many people want to do their job anymore.

Educate yourself about credit, Then talk!

Experian afraid to accept certified mail in California?

AUTHOR: Sherry - (U.S.A.)

Hi everyone

Today a few mins ago I had the mailman here.
He was trying to get me to reaccept my $5.12
certified letter with the fed judges order in
regards to me suit against discover etc.

Experian has a california address. What makes me mad is the mailman said they only tried one time
to get the letter delivered. Which indictaes to me
there IS an office and they are required to make three attempts..

I have read that all three Experian and the other two are just now facing a huge class action in Greenville South Carolina...Maybe that is why they are scared to accept the letter...

It really bugs me that I spent five dollars and at this time I am very low in funds ...and they are ignoring the letter...I would hate to have to resend this to Texas as they are pomus asses down
there...

Experian sucks scaredy cat and they smell like one two

credit unions

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

Of the fore mentioned site transunion still charges a fee. I checked it out. I was able to get a free report from Equifax which contained false information were I was able to dispute it. Experian wanted me to download Acrobat and fill out a printed form and mail it in with a fee. They said I'd applied for a report in January which was untrue.

I paid for a report in 2004 out of curiosity to see what credit score was. I will check to see how long this site stays up. For this is not what I was saying. These 3 companies run ads on tv in different states to goto certain sites and even scam the news media into putting up these web address's promoting a free credit report.

Then you get there and you have to sign up for a fee to access the real site for information. You pay the fee and your sent to thier actual sites. That is fraud. Having checked your site out only 1 was actually free with a place to dispute. When you think of the information these companies get access to that is far more than our government.

You wonder. Who gives them permission to all this power and how do they pay for it? And God forbid if someone ever hacks thier systems because they have more personal info on more people than any other union. From my last credit report to the one I got today I'd say probably 60% of thier information is in correct or outdated.

Can you imagine the expense and people it takes to run these services not counting the machinery. The hands that this information passes through. Shouldn't they have high security badges and go through rigourous training in protecting that info. Their power seems to be higher than the president and cia and the fbi if not equal. Do you think they've been trained well enough to keep your information secure?

#17 Consumer Suggestion

Some facts for Ken re; FREE credit reports..

Ken,

You stated that you cannot get your credit report without paying for it. This is simply untrue! Who told you that?

Under FEDERAL LAW, everyone can get a credit report FREE. EVERY YEAR. From EACH credit bureau! You can do this by calling each credit bureau directly and simply asking for your FREE Annual credit report OR..

You can go online to annualcreditreport as this is the ONLY site where you can get your FREE three bureau report absolutely FREE without buying anything else.

You can also get a FREE report EACH time you are turned down for credit, employment, etc..as long as you have a denial letter stating that the decision was in part based on your credit report.

You can also get a FREE credit report directly from each bureau if you are a victim of identity theft and have filed a fraud complaint with any 1 of the 3 major bureaus.

There are so many ways to get a free report.

Experian Equifax Transunion

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

Actually I don't see them getting kickbacks. But they could be charged in federal court for fraud. For misleading the public even in Tv ads goto this site then asking for your credit card and a fee because the report is not free as advertised. In all due reality alot of people who pay thier bills on time and hardly ever make a mistake suddenely move to a new location, maybe forget to pay a small bill or get ripoffed by some company online giving misleading information and they decide not to pay.

Or you get behind on a bill because you made a mistake like with Capital One credit card and suddenly you have all these late fee's and your budget is so tight you can't possibly catch up so you have to let it go. With these 3 companies you can not get your credit report without buying it plus you can't correct the mistakes or add info to the reports to explain why so thier not fair or just as way to get back at people who owe money. Thier original reason for forming is to get revenge on non paying customers and to forwarn business's which yes are probably giving them funds to keep them going. Kickbacks is a stretch but yes they are recieving funds from companies to help with operating costs so certain companies with revenge at heart can get even. Life is not perfect. That is the reality of it. Solution is how do we make it fair and just and how old can they keep accounts on record. What is a fair judgement when you mess up?

Class Action against all three in greenville S.C.

AUTHOR: Sherry - (U.S.A.)

Hi Ken

I know and agree with you 100%...

I have been fighting with experian for 3 months
now and they are very close to be brought in to the current federal case i have in US District
court against Discover and Genesis Financial,
Plaza Associates and Mitchell N. Kay...

i was mentioning this and a new theory I have
been pondering..we all know they have been reporting bogus crap and so forth...They do so intentionally...especially after you begin asking them to correct error...

it is as if they are upset they have to work...
BUT back to my theory...What if they actually
got a kick-back from any lender that decided to lend someone credit? They split the awful high interest with the CRA who makes the worst report
etc...

just a theory for now...