Complaint Review: EXPRESS CHECK ADVANCE

• Updated: Wed, December 12, 2012

• Reported By: SMR — tallulah Louisiana United States of America
EXPRESS CHECK ADVANCE
1990 S FRONTAGE RD. VICKSBURG, Mississippi United States of America

EXPRESS CHECK ADVANCE I HAVE TO SAY THAT I USE TO WORK FOR EXPRESS AND I FEEL THAT I WAS WRONGLY TERMINATED. IT WAS A MONDAY AND I WAS AT WORK AND MY BROTHER INLAW CAME TO MY JOB AND STATED THAT MY HUSBAND WAS GETTING PUT VICKSBURG , Mississippi

*Author of original report: ashley

*Consumer Comment: ashlee babe have a heart

*Author of original report: trying to find another job

*Consumer Comment: Incorrect

One Monday I went to work on time and as I was making collection calls that our Divisional Manager damanded us to do my brother inlaw ran into the store. He stated that my husband was being admitted in the hospital. He stated that he was being put on a venalator and also being put in a temperary coma. I then told my coworkers that I really had to leave because of my situation with my husband. I also told my manager which told the divisional manager. After a week of being at the hospital he still was in the coma and he also had surgery. The divisional manager called me and stated that I had not called in or anything, but I was talking to the manager and other CSR's at the job. He stated that since I had not been on the job for six months he had to fire me. I was so upset but didn't want give him the satisfaction to here me more upset than I already was. I feel noone should be fired like they did me and really would like to know who to talk to? My husband as of today is still in the hospital recovering but he was in a coma for 14 days so he has a lot of memory loss. I really feel like they did me wrong. And now since they fired me they are asking for keys to the door which they have changed and I feel they really need to stop arrassing me while I'm trying to take care of my husband.

FIRED FOR NO REASON

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2012 07:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EXPRESS-CHECK-ADVANCE/VICKSBURG-Mississippi-39180/EXPRESS-CHECK-ADVANCE-I-HAVE-TO-SAY-THAT-I-USE-TO-WORK-FOR-EXPRESS-AND-I-FEEL-THAT-I-WAS-978839. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EXPRESS CHECK ADVANCE

ashley

AUTHOR: SMR - (United States of America)

If it happen to you I bet you would be singing a very different tune right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ashlee babe have a heart

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

that right you have none

trying to find another job

AUTHOR: SMR - (United States of America)

after being fired from express I have been trying to find another job even though im here at the hospital.

Incorrect

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

You were fired for a reason. The reason was: You didn't go to work. It doesn't matter if you have a family member in the hospital, you still have to go to work if you want to keep the job. You have to work 1250 hours and 12 months for an employer to qualify for FMLA coverage. Since you had only been with the employer for 6 months, you did not qualify for medical leave. The employer is within their rights to terminate an employee for not showing up to work. It doesn't matter what the reason is.

I'm sorry for your troubles, but there is no wrongful termination here.