Complaint Review: EXTREME FITNESS GYM

• Updated: Thu, April 03, 2008

• Reported By:toronto Ontario
EXTREME FITNESS GYM
8281 Yonge St THORNHILL, Ontario Canada

EXTREME FITNESS GYM EXTREME FITNESS WITHDRAWING MONTHLY PAYMENTS EVERY 2 WEEKS OR WHEN EVER THEY FEEL LIKE IT ! THORNHILL Ontario Canada

Hello,

I recently joined Extreme fitness in Oct,11,2007 . I wanted to experience something different from my previous gym . After I signed up for the 1 year term lease I started to go to the gym then a month after I had to leave the country for about 5 months or so . I then went in and asked to speak with someone regarding on how to "FREEZE" my account till i get back . Im sure everyone knows that when u freeze an account from payments means that no monthly charges will be taken from your account . In this case that does not matter ,so I informed the sales agent that I wanted my account put on hold or Frozen . He informed me that wouldn't be a problem adn my account will be Frozen till I get back and continue . Before signing I asked him again " so there will be no charges or monthly payments taken from my account right?" he replied "yes no payments will be withdrawn from your account till u come back ". Well that was the end of that till I got back jus recently and I noticed payments were being withdrawn on various days not monthly like stated in contract . I spoke to the same Sales agent and he said that he said no such thing like stating no monthly payments will be withdarawn then he showed me on the form where it stated they will continue to wihtdraw monthyl payments during the Freeze Up on the account. They were withdrawing different amounts each time on differnet occasions in the same month only 1 week apart from eachother and even like 2 or 3 days apart .

Has anyone ever taken legal action against Extreme Fitness ? Im still comtimplating on doing so not sure how much success I will have .

A.r.
toronto, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2008 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EXTREME-FITNESS-GYM/THORNHILL-Ontario/EXTREME-FITNESS-GYM-EXTREME-FITNESS-WITHDRAWING-MONTHLY-PAYMENTS-EVERY-2-WEEKS-OR-WHEN-EVE-323464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EXTREME FITNESS GYM