Complaint Review: EXTREME FITNESS

• Updated: Wed, September 23, 2009

• Reported By: Winz — Scarborough Other Canada
EXTREME FITNESS
Cedarbrae Mall Scarborough, Ontario United States of America

EXTREME FITNESS Extreme Fitness is a gym composed of scammers, liars and manipulators! Scarborough, Ontario

I am so upset!  I went into the gym at Cedarbrae Mall, Scarborough ON, last year to look around and see what services they offered. I am not one to work out, but the guy who works there, Mac, stated that I could get one month free, and if I was not interested I could cancel within that month. I signed a contract that stated  this; I did my best to read all the fine print.

After going for TWO sessions, I realized it just wasn't my thing, so I told Mac that I wanted to cancel. He told me he would process this immediately. Fast forward one year, I got a call from Extreme Fitness yesterday and they said I was owing for my membership?! I was confused! What membership? Why didn't they contact me before?Turns out Mac did not cancel as promised.

I drove there to explain to George (the collections guy) what happened because he was threatening to send this to the credit bureau. Mac was there; he recognized me too, but he played dumb. I told George I had no intention of joining the gym, and that I cancelled, after TWO sessions infact, but he insisted that if he does not have his $625 by the end of the week then my credit is ruined. I explained that I am a student who is just trying to make it, but they don't care.

So, here I am trying to pay off this stupid, unnecessary scam within 3 months. They said that was the maximum time they could give me, and hey, for all the inconvenience, they offered to give me 6 extra months. Did I mention I do not work out? I am no fool, but they really are good scammers. How do they get away with this? This is truly upsetting, and I will never deal with them again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2009 08:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EXTREME-FITNESS/Scarborough-Ontario-/EXTREME-FITNESS-Extreme-Fitness-is-a-gym-composed-of-scammers-liars-and-manipulators-Sc-499569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EXTREME FITNESS