Complaint Review: EYEGLASS WORLD

• Submitted: Thu, January 15, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, January 15, 2004

• Reported By:Evans Georgia
EYEGLASS WORLD
258 BOBBY JONES EXPRESSWAY AUGUSTA, Georgia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 706-868-7000
  • Web:
  • Category: Eye Care

EYEGLASS WORLD EYEGLASS WORLD STOLE MY MONEY AUGUSTA Georgia

I started my problems with Eyeglass World last August. First, I had difficulty getting my glasses. It took weeks for them to come in. They lost my order and had to reorder the second pair. The first pair did not fit properly. The frames were too large. After having great difficulty with my vision and continuous headaches I found out that the prescription was incorrect and that the center was off.

This means they increased my prescription and didn't need to. They also positioned the strongest part of the lenses way below my line of site. I ordered and paid for new glasses at Lens crafters and then really had trouble with my vision. They had moved the strong center to where my line of vision is.

I then saw their doctor to have my prescription checked. He reduced my prescription and Lens crafters was nice enough to replace the lenses at no charge. I have 2 pairs of glasses from Eyeglass World at $450 that I can not use. I had a reversal done through my American Express but they came back and said that on the receipt I was notified that no cash would be returned.

The company sent me a letter saying that I could continue to return to have the glasses made until I'm satisfied. They rarely have an optician available to fit your glasses and your lenses. In fact they were sued for this in Florida. If a credible optician had been available I would have at least had frames that were the correct size and lenses that were cut properly. The optician at this store did adjust my new glasses when I picked them up. I complained about the fit yet he told me that they fit fine. I will never deal with these people again. I want to do something to prevent others from suffering the same fate.

Dawn
Evans, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2004 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EYEGLASS-WORLD/AUGUSTA-Georgia-30907/EYEGLASS-WORLD-EYEGLASS-WORLD-STOLE-MY-MONEY-AUGUSTA-Georgia-77113. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EYEGLASS WORLD