Complaint Review: EZ-Lube

• Submitted: Wed, September 26, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, September 26, 2007

• Reported By:Miami Florida
4359 Sunset Blvd. Silver Lake, CA 90029 LOS ANGELES, California U.S.A.

EZ-Lube EZ-LUBED / EZ-Raped LOS ANGELES California

To whom it may concern:

On July 25th, 2007, I took my Jeep Liberty, to the EZ-Lube store # 61, located at 4359 Sunset Blvd. LA, CA. 90029 for an oil change before taking off on a 2,300 miles trip planned to Miami, FL. The store manager, Miguel Dominguez, called me to tell me the various services that allegedly my car needed. After explaining all these services, I trustworthy, gave them the green light to go ahead & perform the job.

After 1 hour 15 minutes had passed, they called me from the shop and told me that the car was ready to be picked up. I returned to the store and payed for the services on invoice # 4703940 totalling the amount of $ 541.33 dollars.

I got a red flag for the way the services rendered to my car were explained; therefore, I contacted my agent at Chrysler Jeep in Miami. He revealed that my Jeep, which had 23,098 miles upon checking the vehicle for the initial inspection did not require all, but two of the services that were performed to the vehicle for it had not reached the 99,000 mile mark.

The next day on July 26th, 2007 I went back to the store for the unveiling of my recent discovery and for disputal of the charges. I was greeted in the lobby by the store manager and because two costumers in waiting [or should I say innocent lambs in waiting], Mr. Dominguez, -in low voice mode- suggested that we go outside -off the main building- to the pleasantly, in full-bloom-summer-heated and uncovered parking lot for an explanation of the services rendered to my vehicle. I turned down his cordial invitation, sat down on a chair and proceeded with my demanding for an explanation of their outrageous, illegitimate and criminal act committed upon myself.

He suggested that I contacted his regional manager at EZ-Lubes headquarters. I again, turned down his generous offer. He realized that I was not about to quit but linger around so he decided to contact the regional manager at the headquarters.

They agreed to subtract $ 249.00 of the total invoice, in addition to installing new windshield wipers -that I knew needed to be replaced- and that they had checked marked as being in good condition.

Outraged by their ways of conducting business, I later contacted the regional manager for the Los Angeles area, Mr. Baron Peoples. After identifying myself, he replied Im aware of your case Sir, please know that a check will be sent out in the mail to you next Monday so please do not contact me directly since Im a busy man and with more important things in my agenda.
Having set my blood to boiling mode, I then told him about my plans to contacting AMEX, to expose the incident and to dispute all charges. His response was Mr. Corrie, be my guest, I then will make sure that no check is mailed out to you and good luck with your disputing the charges, have yourself a great day CLICK.
I could give him 2 points for wishing me a great day but will not, for in my book of life being polite, honest and legitimate comes first

Miami, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2007 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EZ-Lube/LOS-ANGELES-California-90023/EZ-Lube-EZ-LUBED-EZ-Raped-LOS-ANGELES-California-276095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EZ-Lube