Complaint Review: EZ Mediation

• Updated: Thu, April 26, 2012

• Reported By: goddessteri — Talent Oregon United States of America
EZ Mediation
19101 N.E. 112th Street brush prairie, Washington United States of America

EZ Mediation Portfolio Recovery Associates The harassment has started brush prairie, Washington

*General Comment: Sorry, you are ever so distressed.

*Author of original report: You don't know what your talking about....

*General Comment: Thanks Greg!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I Want The Record Set Straight

*Author of original report: Thank you for your information

*Consumer Comment: Isssues

*Consumer Comment: This is new.

I recieved a letter in the mail from a guy by the name of Greg Schauer from EZ Mediation telling me that I would be served with court papers soon and that he and his firm could help at little to no cost to me in the hopes of him helping me to not lose my home or job.  A day or two after I recieved the letter a guy knocked very loud at my door and rang my door bell.  He had papers in his hand but was dressed in plain clothing.  He came back the same day a couple of hours later...I do not answer my door to strangers no matter whats in their hand.  Now that I have read all the complaints about portfolio recovery associates I don't know what to think in regards to either one of these companies!  Any suggestions please offer!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2012 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EZ-Mediation/brush-prairie-Washington-98606/EZ-Mediation-Portfolio-Recovery-Associates-The-harassment-has-started-brush-prairie-Washi-869119. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EZ Mediation

#1 General Comment

Sorry, you are ever so distressed.

AUTHOR: Righteous1 - (USA)

I shall dismiss your rhetoric as a person who is distress. Take your meds that will eleviate your concerns. Answering the door is for adults. Gain some knowledge and stop hiding behind the door. Your paranoia is of no use here.

I beleive in civility and therefore scoff at your displeasing rant.

You don't know what your talking about....

AUTHOR: goddessteri - (United States of America)

You might want to read EVERYTHING and not assume yourself...you are judging the situation with little to go on....you should be ashamed of yourself!  Why don't you do a little research before you butt in where you don't belong.  Look up on ripoffreport.com Portfolio Recovery Associates and Greg Schauer with EZ Mediation before you go throwing your own accusations around.  You don't know who I am, where I live or the background of either one of the businesses listed.  I am not running from my debt and I am not imagining or making things up.  I am female you idiot and I live alone you have no right to say answer the door.  Would you tell your daughter that???  I have done my research.  I have contacted my local sheriff's department and I have filed a complaint with the FTC regarding this issue and PRA's reputation for violence, harassment and threats on their quote unquote clients.  I am also taking active steps to resolve my debt issues.  Get a life...if your not going to be fair when adding your two cents  then please do me a favor and butt out.

Respectfully and disgusted

T.S.

#3 General Comment

Thanks Greg!

AUTHOR: Righteous1 - (USA)

Sir, I know little to nothing of you and your business. Will say you handled the rebuttal fairly.

Its interesting that the person is making assumptions without speaking to the person on the other side of the door. Heck it could be a Fuller Brush sales men! Its amazing how the imagination goes out in all directions when one knows they are in debt and expecting that inevitable summons. Put on Big Girl/Guys pants and deal with it. Straight on is the best tactic.

I know my consumer rights and therefore understand where the lines are clearly drawn. This poster simply needs a crash course on how to handle this matter in a legal way along with a mature way. Playing hide and seek never fairs well.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I Want The Record Set Straight

AUTHOR: Greg Schauer-EZ Mediation - (United States of America)

I am Greg Schauer of EZ Mediation. We are a neutral and independant party. We do mediation. We have NO ties to Portfolio Recovery Associates or connections to ANY collection agencys or debt consolidation companies. I offer to help people, through mediation, who have a lawsuit filed against them in court. Many people recieve my letter before they receive the actual court summons because it can take several weeks to be served. My letter lists the plaintiff, defendant, case number and county so that the recipient(defendant) can contact the court and confirm that information, if desired. I do not call anyone unless they call me first. I do not harass people with multiple calls.

I do NOT offer to help keep the defendant from losing their home or job. I DO offer to help the defendant remain at home or at their job by mediating a resolution agreement before a required court response/appearance, so they will not have to take the time to go to court.

The court summons can be delivered by a uniformed sheriff or a plain clothes server working for a private serving company.

I understand some people have questions or comments. Blog sites such as this one can be a useful place to ask such questions. However, I do NOT understand how someone can just make unfounded assumptions such as accusing me of being a collection agency or a front for Portfolio Recovery Associates without doing any checking or homework. Some collection companies may do some deceptive tactics. I do not. Please do not assume I am deceptive because you may have gotten a letter from me offering to help. I hope this sets the record straight.

Sincerely,
Greg Schauer
EZ Mediation

AUTHOR: goddessteri - (United States of America)

So you are saying that a server does not dress in plain clothing??  Every time he showed up he was in jeans and a leather jacket with tennies on.  He did not leave any notification at my door that he had been there nor have I received any coorespondence from PRA indicating they were trying to collect.  I don't wish to run from my debt I just want to make sure this is on the up and up?  Can I go to my local court house and find out if there is a summons with my name on it?  I do have debt I won't lie but if I am correct in knowing who the original debt collector is, when I was still working and they more than tripled my payment I called them up and told them I could not afford it and they refused to help me until I got a debt relief company involved then that collector got even more rude hanging up on me, refusing to take down information I was trying to give them.  Then I was wrongfully terminated from my job and had to appeal that so I couldn't then afford to pay the debt relief company to finish handling everything.  I am currently unemployed and a fulltime student with fibromyalgia and restless leg syndrome.  I don't want to be afraid in my own home. Any suggestions on the appropriate way to handle this???  I have filed a complaint with the FTC as well.

Teri

Isssues

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Your report seems to be missing some key information.

The biggest is do you have any delinquent debts?  If so the guy who is coming to your door may be there to "serve" you with a notice/summons.  So just ignoring them will not make the problem go away.  In fact it may make it worse.  If it is a summons they may go to an alternate means of serving you that you could easily ignore or not know about.  If this happens an you miss the court date the next thing you may know is that you have a default judgement against you(because you didn't go to court), and are facing a wage garnishment or having your bank accounts attached.

As for the guy you is calling you.  I have no idea who he is or what is business he is in.  But it sounds like he may be searching the court records to look for new court filings.  So he may be trying to offer his service.  At this point, again baring any information you left out, you may want to be more concerned with the person coming to your door than the guy calling you.

This is new.

AUTHOR: Jim Martin - (USA)

was dressed in plain clothing.

That tells me he wasn't a police officer so they weren't "court" documents, those are usually delivered by a UNIFORMED officer, usually from the sheriffs department.

I do not answer my door to strangers no matter whats in their hand.

That's a good thing.  You never know what kind of person may show up at your door.

I've never actually heard of EZ Meditation, but I do know from personal experience that PRA has been known to use threats in their collection efforts.

I would say, that the next time this guy shows up, you tell him to tape the papers to the door or leave them on the porch or something like that.  If he refuses to do that, tell him to leave.  When he refuses, tell him to wait for a few minutes.  While he is waiting call the local police department or sheriffs department and tell them you have someone on your property that is refusing to leave and ask if they can send an officer over to help you out.  You should be able to do all of this without even unlocking your door.

You can also send a cease and desist letter to both companies.  I believe that there are links in numerous other reports and suggestions on exactly how to send it, so I'm not going to go into further detail on that.

Hope this helps.